Emmanuel Lutheran School
5.00 (7 reviews)
Emmanuel Lutheran School Photo #2 - Emmanuel is more than a school; we are a home for the whole family.
Emmanuel Lutheran School Photo #3 - We partner with parents to help students excel academically and grow in God's Word.
Emmanuel Lutheran School Photo #4 - Students learn discipline in training and sportsmanship in athletic programs, physical education classes, and recess.
- Emmanuel has been serving Tempe and the Phoenix valley for over 40 years.
- We provide a safe, trusting environment of Christian love and respect.
- Emmanuel Lutheran School has benefited from a high level of communication between parents and teachers throughout it's history.
- We work together with parents to help students grow spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially.
- At Emmanuel, students have the opportunity to develop and use their God-given gifts and abilities in the classroom, in fine arts, and athletics.
- We're excited to share news about our new, state-of-the-art preschool building.
- Sonshine Preschool has flexible schedules and budget-friendly rates. It's a stimulating and developmentally appropriate educational program designed for students as young as age three by September 1.
- In the Three-Year-Old Program students learn to follow simple directions, develop large and small motor skills, and engage in social activities through classroom experiences.
- The Pre-Kindergarten Program is designed to prepare children for Kindergarten and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Council for Private School Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,950|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships and AZ Tax Credit Program Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||John Campbell|
|Admissions Associate||Amber Bode|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club (K-8)
Arts and Music Programs:
Departmentalized Art Educator, Fine Arts, K-4th Grade Choir & Junior Choir, Private Piano, Tone Chimes, Ukulele
- Accredited through WELSSA/NCPSA
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school to Emmanuel Lutheran School is Chrysalis Academy Day School For Children With Autism (1.4 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Chrysalis Academy Day School For Children With Autism (1.4 miles away)
- The nearest preschool is Mill Avenue Preschool (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tempe Grades: PK-K
4431 S Mill Ave
Tempe, AZ 85282
(480)839-3306 0.8 PK-K
- Tempe Grades: 1-12 | 53 students
600 E Baseline Rd
Tempe, AZ 85283 1.4 1-12
- Tempe Grades: NS-PK | 170 students
3929 S Rural Road
Tempe, AZ 85282
(480)838-2866 1.4 NS-PK
- Tempe Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
1200 E Southern Avenue
Tempe, AZ 85282
(480)966-5022 1.6 PK-8
- Tempe Grades: K-8 | 404 students
2117 S Rural Rd
Tempe, AZ 85282
(480)967-5567 1.6 K-8
We joined the Emmanuel family two years ago, and have been so impressed with the quality of the academic programs and the care and attention that our children receive from the staff and faculty. Our children are attending for the 3rd year this fall in 4th and 6th grade, and have participated in many of the afterschool and extracurricular activities as well. The teachers take a genuine interest in the development of the children in their classroom, and communicate frequently with parents about both concerns and successes of your child often. Choose this school. Your child will thrive in a learning environment that is supportive, inclusive, and focused on a well-rounded academic education.
- Posted by Parent - Erica
My children attend Sonshine Preschool and Emmanuel Lutheran School. They love it as much as I do. Class sizes are small and the teachers are attentive. Teachers work closely with parents to provide a supportive & effective learning environment. My girls are excelling in their academics, fine arts, social, and emotional skills. They are also looking forward to join the sport programs. Other families at the school have been welcoming and supportive as well. It`s become our village! I highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - Teresa
Our family is blessed to have become part of the Emmanuel family! Our children receive top quality education from caring teachers in a Christ-focused environment. We also love the extracurricular offered! While on campus, our children can participate in a variety of enriching activities including music, art, drama and athletics!
- Posted by Parent - Laura
We have been blessed by the ministry at this school. We have enjoyed Emmanuel`s competitive sports programs, small class sizes, and Christ-centered education. We know and trust that our children will be prepared for their academic, social, and eternal future with Jesus from their time at Emmanuel.
- Posted by Parent - Dave & Stacey
I have two children who attend Emmanual. Both were in the Sonshine Preschool program last year and this year one will still be in preschool and the other in kindergarten. Both of my children have excelled so much, both emotionally and academically. The teachers are so caring to each students needs and with smaller class sizes they actually have the ability to do so! It's not just a school, it's a family! I would recommend this school to everyone!
- Posted by Parent - Jecik
My daughter attended preschool at Emmanuel Lutheran School for the past two years. As parents, we were extremely impressed with the one on one attention she received, the new preschool building, and the love displayed by teachers, students, and staff. Keep up the hard work!
- Posted by Parent - Amber
My son attended Sonshine Preschool last year and he LOVED it!!! He was always excited to share what he had learned at school that day. The Teachers are absolutely wonderful and work with each student to help them grow both spiritually and academically. He will be attending Kindergarten at Emmanuel Lutheran which is where Sonshine Preschool is located. I highly recommend this Preschool, you will not be disappointed. My older son has also attended Emmanuel since Pre-School and will be entering 4th Grade in the fall. He loves the school and the Teachers. Emmanuel has become like a second family to us. We are so blessed to have our boys at a school where we feel they are safe and are growing in their faith as well as their academics.
- Posted by Parent - theza
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.