Episcopal School of Jacksonville
- Academic excellence is a way of life at Episcopal.
- The curriculum is designed to challenge all students at their highest level and to provide the strong foundation necessary for success in college as well as for an adult life of leadership and service.
- Episcopal offers an atmosphere of intellectual integrity which reinforces traditional values such as honor, compassion, care and concern. Students are trained to think critically and to communicate effectively.
- Classes are small, which encourages friendly interaction between students and faculty.
- In addition to Academics, strong Athletics and Fine Arts Programs, and weekly Chapel, help develop the entire student.
- A quality college-preparatory education is provided in an environment that focuses on readying the student for a lifetime of leadership and citizenship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Bilingual School Association|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||871 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Art History, Biology, Calculus, Ceramics, Chemistry, Computer Science AB, English Language/Composition, English Literature/Composition, Environmental Science, European History, French 5, German 5, Latin 4, Latin 5, Music Theory, Photography, Physics, Spanish 5, Statistics, United States Government and Politics, United States History,|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms, Middle and Upper School)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Jan. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition typically changes each year with Middle school being slightly less than Upper school. Technology, lunch, books and uniforms are not included. For a full list of fees: https://www.esj.org/admissions/tuition-financial-aid/|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Samantha Hyde Geisler|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Gay|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Episcopal is built on Four Pillars: academics, spiritual life, fine arts and athletics. These focus and encourage personal development in every aspect of our students' lives. The school's emphasis on balance between these four pillars is unique in Northeast Florida. The Harkness Method, used in many humanities classrooms, is an established and cherished way of instruction which fosters students` curiosity, initiative, personal confidence and problem-solving. Learner-centered teaching is the core of academics. Our service opportunities promote the development of responsible leaders who value citizenship and community. Episcopal believes that successful college decisions start with the student who is well informed and actively involved in the college search process. Through dedication and teamwork, Episcopal athletic programs annually compete for district, regional, and state championships. We take pride in our no-cut policy at the Middle School level, which allows every Episcopal student the experience of competing for our teams. The arts at Episcopal are the heartbeat that gives life to our campus and community. At the very center of who we are we find our visual and performing art students exploring, creating, and expressing all that they are learning through the medium of their art.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 1667 students
7400 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904)256-5002 4.4 PK-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 9-12 | 1194 students
1055 Kingman Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)398-7545 1.4 9-12