- Fairhaven opened in 1998 on a 12 acre site complete with a fossil-filled stream, woods and fields.
- Fairhaven is one of a growing number of schools around the world modeled after Sudbury Valley School in Massachusetts, which opened in 1968.
- Motivated by curiosity and the drive to become competent adults, Fairhaven students grow emotionally, creatively, and intellectually through play, school governance, conversation, the arts, classes, computer activities, reading, and the exploration of nature.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,060|
|Admissions Director||Mark McCaig|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Upper Marlboro Grades: K-8 | 52 students
1500 Brown Station Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
(301)350-4522 6.2 K-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.