- Fairhaven opened in 1998 on a 12 acre site complete with a fossil-filled stream, woods and fields.
- Fairhaven is one of a growing number of schools around the world modeled after Sudbury Valley School in Massachusetts, which opened in 1968.
- Motivated by curiosity and the drive to become competent adults, Fairhaven students grow emotionally, creatively, and intellectually through play, school governance, conversation, the arts, classes, computer activities, reading, and the exploration of nature.
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,060|
|Admissions Director||Mark McCaig|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Upper Marlboro Grades: K-8 | 50 students
1500 Brown Station Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
(301)350-4522 6.2 K-8
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?