- The Flowers program is custom-tailored to meet the needs of each student.
- We are constantly evolving and changing our activities in order to encourage independence in our students.
- We are committed to helping the child develop autonomy as an individual and also to establish comfortable and productive peer relations.
- Each child will be presented with the basic skills and concepts necessary for intellectual development, which include, language, math, science and practical life.
- We actively promote a child's awareness of and ability to organize their environment.
- We hope to instill in each child, effective learning strategies and to kindle an excitement for life-long learning.
- To help meet these goals, we depend upon parent encouragement and cooperation.
- The school and the home must be extensions of one another.
- As teachers, we continue to grow and learn along with our students.
- Teaching is our full-time vocation and the path we walk each day full of meaning and purpose.
- Our daily pledge is to be sensitive to the needs of each child.
- Prepare materials based on the understanding of these needs. Know the materials and activities available. Approach each child with understanding, patience and love.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gainesville Grades: PK-5 | 245 students
1111 Nw 55th St
Gainesville, FL 32605
(352)373-3222 2.2 PK-5
- Gainesville Grades: NS-8 | 426 students
550 Ne 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
(352)376-9878 3.2 NS-8
- Gainesville Grades: NS-12 | 179 students
1520 NW 34th Street
Gainesville, FL 32605
(352)378-9337 1.1 NS-12
- Gainesville Grades: PK-12 | 112 students
10926 Nw 39th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32606
(352)332-1493 5.3 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.