Frankford Friends School
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Yearly Tuition: $11,600
- Acceptance rate: 60%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Science Explorers, Soccer Shots
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Art, Art Classes, Choir, Ethics Class, Fiber Arts, Jazz Band, Print making, Robotics Club, Service Learning, Strings Program, Theater and Improvisation
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness, Physical Education
- At Frankford Friends School, the Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, and stewardship of our natural and human communities are honored, lived, and learned. Students are challenged to work both independently and as part of a team. We enhance each student`s skill in creative problem-solving and provide opportunities for children to develop their passions by engaging in projects that have personal meaning to them.
- Whether learning to code a robot in the IDEA Lab, building a sustainable neighborhood with help from the City Planning Commission, or conducting research for the Frankford Historical Society, hands-on learning helps children to grow cognitively, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- Frankford Friends School students are intellectually curious, engaged, and care deeply about each other and the world outside of themselves. They become adults who use their strengths and passions to make the world a better place.
- Our outstanding academic program prepares our graduates to thrive in the selective public and private high schools they attend. Frankford Friends School`s curriculum emphasizes the 21st century skills of critical thinking, teamwork, creativity, and problem-solving.
- Our teachers adopted the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a foundational framework to engage our students in understanding issues in our communities. An important aspect of this initiative is the formation of partnerships with people and organizations who are working on the same issues that students explore in class. Not only will students see what action might look like, but they will understand the connection between what they learn and local action and service, and become true protagonists for change in their own communities. Project-based learning is a huge component of the program.
- Our program also includes:
- The IDEA (Innovation Design Engineering Art) Lab
- Choral and string music program
- Spanish in grades PreK-4 (twice weekly), and grade 5-8 (daily)
- Physical Education
- Civic Engagement
- A focus on nurturing a growth mindset in students, and enhancing their executive functioning abilities, problem-solving skills, and leadership opportunities
Endorse Frankford Friends School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards