Frankford Friends School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (215) 533-5368
Frankford Friends School Photo #2 - Our students are confident explorers who are curious about the world.
- Since 1833, Frankford Friends School has offered a values-based Quaker education in the heart of Philadelphia.
- FFS students explore, problem-solve, and work together to expand their understanding of themselves and the world beyond through initiatives like the Project Based Learning program and the adoption of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Graduates of FFS are confident, caring, socially conscious young adults who use their strengths, knowledge, and passion to better our world.
- Children of all faiths and all ethnic, racial, and economic backgrounds are welcomed to our community. Frankford Friends School students are members of a community that is highly diverse and inclusive. The racial composition of the school mirrors that of the City of Philadelphia.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on grade level. http://frankfordfriends.org/tuition-financial-aid/|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Blythe McCormack|
|Admissions Associate||Liz Torres|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Science Explorers, Soccer Shots
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Art, Art Classes, Choir, Ethics Class, Fiber Arts, Jazz Band, Print making, Robotics Club, Service Learning, Strings Program, Theater and Improvisation
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness, Physical Education
- At Frankford Friends School, the Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, and stewardship of our natural and human communities are honored, lived, and learned. Students are challenged to work both independently and as part of a team. We enhance each student`s skill in creative problem-solving and provide opportunities for children to develop their passions by engaging in projects that have personal meaning to them.
- Whether learning to code a robot in the IDEA Lab, building a sustainable neighborhood with help from the City Planning Commission, or conducting research for the Frankford Historical Society, hands-on learning helps children to grow cognitively, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- Frankford Friends School students are intellectually curious, engaged, and care deeply about each other and the world outside of themselves. They become adults who use their strengths and passions to make the world a better place.
- Our outstanding academic program prepares our graduates to thrive in the selective public and private high schools they attend. Frankford Friends School`s curriculum emphasizes the 21st century skills of critical thinking, teamwork, creativity, and problem-solving.
- Our teachers adopted the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a foundational framework to engage our students in understanding issues in our communities. An important aspect of this initiative is the formation of partnerships with people and organizations who are working on the same issues that students explore in class. Not only will students see what action might look like, but they will understand the connection between what they learn and local action and service, and become true protagonists for change in their own communities. Project-based learning is a huge component of the program.
- Our program also includes:
- The IDEA (Innovation Design Engineering Art) Lab
- Choral and string music program
- Spanish in grades PreK-4 (twice weekly), and grade 5-8 (daily)
- Physical Education
- Civic Engagement
- A focus on nurturing a growth mindset in students, and enhancing their executive functioning abilities, problem-solving skills, and leadership opportunities
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 600 students
17th St & Benjamin Franklin
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 561-5900 5.9 PK-12
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-8 | 494 students
3033 Levick Street
Philadelphia, PA 19149
(215) 338-9797 1.7 PK-8
- Philadelphia Grades: NS-8 | 474 students
2501 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
(215) 545-5323 6.9 NS-8
The middle school curriculum at FFS is engaging, rigorous, and multi-faceted. I have been so happy with my son's experience at Frankford Friends School. He is not only being challenged academically, but he is cared for by his teachers and the staff at FFS. Middle school years can be tough for kids to navigate, but he has felt included, he has been treated with kindness, and he is thriving both in his learning and his social life. He was also recently accepted to all 5 of the high schools (both public and private) to which he applied. I am so grateful to Frankford Friends School.
- Posted by Parent - FFS Middle School Parent
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.