Good Shepherd Catholic School
Good Shepherd Catholic School is a Catholic Elementary School in Northampton, Pennsylvania.
Our mission is to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, the Good Shepherd. We lead our students in the rich traditions of hard work, responsibility and faith in God and family.
We instill in our students a profound love of learning, guiding them as they grow into compassionate, respectful leaders for tomorrow.
We inspire our students to achieve with integrity, responsibility and the love of Jesus the heart of their faith. As bearers of hope and beacons of light in their diverse and ever changing community, students of Good Shepherd Catholic School are prepared to lead and live in the glow of their loving patron, Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd.
Shepherding in Faith ~ Inspiring in Education ~ Learning for Life.
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 279 students
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(See School Uniform Policy)
(See School Uniform Policy)
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Please call school office for tuition information. 610-262-9171
Mrs. Victoria Frystack
- Good Shepherd Catholic School is a Catholic Elementary School with students in Preschool through Grade 8. Our educational mission is an integrated ministry embracing education, worship, community, and service. Our faith Community which includes parents, Pastors, administration, and faculty strives to introduce children to Jesus, the Good Shepherd, while working together to develop children spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically. Our message is one of faith, hope, and love integrated into academics and witnessed in our words and actions. Our Pre-K program is held five day mornings. Our Kindergarten program is a Full Day program with an academic curriculum. Daily small group instruction by certified teachers using the Early Prevention of School Failure Modality Centers concentrating on the following modality skills language, fine motor, auditory, visual, and gross motor. Daily whole group instruction is provided in Religion, Mathematics, Language Arts/ Reading, Science, and Social Studies.In addition to daily classroom Religion instruction all students attend mass each Friday.All students in Grades K-8 receive weekly instruction in the following specials: language (French K-3 and Spanish 4-8) physical education, music, computers, art, and library.
Endorse Good Shepherd Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.