Good Shepherd Catholic School
- Good Shepherd Catholic School is a Catholic Elementary School in Northampton, Pennsylvania.
- Our mission is to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, the Good Shepherd. We lead our students in the rich traditions of hard work, responsibility and faith in God and family.
- We instill in our students a profound love of learning, guiding them as they grow into compassionate, respectful leaders for tomorrow.
- We inspire our students to achieve with integrity, responsibility and the love of Jesus the heart of their faith. As bearers of hope and beacons of light in their diverse and ever changing community, students of Good Shepherd Catholic School are prepared to lead and live in the glow of their loving patron, Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd.
- Shepherding in Faith ~ Inspiring in Education ~ Learning for Life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||279 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(See School Uniform Policy)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call school office for tuition information. 610-262-9171|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Victoria Frystack|
- Good Shepherd Catholic School is a Catholic Elementary School with students in Preschool through Grade 8. Our educational mission is an integrated ministry embracing education, worship, community, and service. Our faith Community which includes parents, Pastors, administration, and faculty strives to introduce children to Jesus, the Good Shepherd, while working together to develop children spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically. Our message is one of faith, hope, and love integrated into academics and witnessed in our words and actions. Our Pre-K program is held five day mornings. Our Kindergarten program is a Full Day program with an academic curriculum. Daily small group instruction by certified teachers using the Early Prevention of School Failure Modality Centers concentrating on the following modality skills language, fine motor, auditory, visual, and gross motor. Daily whole group instruction is provided in Religion, Mathematics, Language Arts/ Reading, Science, and Social Studies.In addition to daily classroom Religion instruction all students attend mass each Friday.All students in Grades K-8 receive weekly instruction in the following specials: language (French K-3 and Spanish 4-8) physical education, music, computers, art, and library.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethlehem Grades: 1-12 | 79 students
2196 Avenue C
Bethlehem, PA 18017
(610) 266-6500 4 1-12
- Bethlehem Grades: 6-8 | 190 students
11 W Market St
Bethlehem, PA 18018
(610) 866-6677 7.2 6-8
- Whitehall Grades: PK-K | 179 students
3900 Mechanicsville Rd
Whitehall, PA 18052
(610) 435-4260 2.3 PK-K
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?