Greece Montessori School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The Greece Montessori School was established in 1971 by an interested group of parents who had met monthly for a year to study Montessori and then decided that there was a need in the area for a school offering the Montessori curriculum to pre-school children.
- Basic to the Montessori philosophy is the concept that children are motivated from within by a natural curiosity and love for knowledge.
- The goal of early childhood education is to cultivate the child's own natural desire to learn and to develop the potential that lies within each child.
- This is achieved through a method of self-education within a "planned environment" using specifically design teaching materials.
- Modern research has also reinforced Dr. Montessori's observations that children between the ages of 2-6 years old pass through various sensitive periods of intense fascination for learning a particular activity or skill.
- The Montessori classroom encourages and invites the child to increase his or her learning ability during these sensitive states according to his or her own will and readiness.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RochesterGrades: K-12 | 265 students
332 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606
RochesterGrades: NS-4 | 83 students
220 Idlewood Road
Rochester, NY 14618
RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 292 students
1001 Lake Ave
Rochester, NY 14613
RochesterGrades: PK-K | 19 students
1050 East Ave
Rochester, NY 14607
RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 269 students
445 Kings Hwy S
Rochester, NY 14617
I could not have chosen a better school for my child to attend to. The past three years have been excellent, I love everything about Greece Montessori.
- Posted by Parent - bobbi
I world recommend Greece Montessori School to any parent with a young child. Not only to they teach the children life skills, but they offer parental advice on problem solving with your child.
- Posted by Parent - molly
I could not be happier with Greece Montessori School. The teachers are excellent and provide an environment where the children learn a deep love for learning, grace, courtesy, and respect.
- Posted by Parent - brian
Greece Montessori School has been a fantastic fit for my daughter Etta. She has loved it and I know she is getting a ton out of her time there. My wife and I have recommended this school to everyone who asks about it .
- Posted by Parent - philh
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017