- The Greece Montessori School was established in 1971 by an interested group of parents who had met monthly for a year to study Montessori and then decided that there was a need in the area for a school offering the Montessori curriculum to pre-school children.
- Basic to the Montessori philosophy is the concept that children are motivated from within by a natural curiosity and love for knowledge.
- The goal of early childhood education is to cultivate the child's own natural desire to learn and to develop the potential that lies within each child.
- This is achieved through a method of self-education within a "planned environment" using specifically design teaching materials.
- Modern research has also reinforced Dr. Montessori's observations that children between the ages of 2-6 years old pass through various sensitive periods of intense fascination for learning a particular activity or skill.
- The Montessori classroom encourages and invites the child to increase his or her learning ability during these sensitive states according to his or her own will and readiness.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RochesterGrades: K-12 | 265 students
332 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606
RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 292 students
1001 Lake Ave
Rochester, NY 14613
RochesterGrades: PK-K | 19 students
1050 East Ave
Rochester, NY 14607
RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 269 students
445 Kings Hwy S
Rochester, NY 14617
RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 187 students
901 Portland Avenue
Rochester, NY 14621
I could not have chosen a better school for my child to attend to. The past three years have been excellent, I love everything about Greece Montessori.
- Posted by Parent - bobbi
I world recommend Greece Montessori School to any parent with a young child. Not only to they teach the children life skills, but they offer parental advice on problem solving with your child.
- Posted by Parent - molly
I could not be happier with Greece Montessori School. The teachers are excellent and provide an environment where the children learn a deep love for learning, grace, courtesy, and respect.
- Posted by Parent - brian
Greece Montessori School has been a fantastic fit for my daughter Etta. She has loved it and I know she is getting a ton out of her time there. My wife and I have recommended this school to everyone who asks about it .
- Posted by Parent - philh
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.