Greece Montessori School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (585) 227-4830
- The Greece Montessori School was established in 1971 by an interested group of parents who had met monthly for a year to study Montessori and then decided that there was a need in the area for a school offering the Montessori curriculum to pre-school children.
- Basic to the Montessori philosophy is the concept that children are motivated from within by a natural curiosity and love for knowledge.
- The goal of early childhood education is to cultivate the child's own natural desire to learn and to develop the potential that lies within each child.
- This is achieved through a method of self-education within a "planned environment" using specifically design teaching materials.
- Modern research has also reinforced Dr. Montessori's observations that children between the ages of 2-6 years old pass through various sensitive periods of intense fascination for learning a particular activity or skill.
- The Montessori classroom encourages and invites the child to increase his or her learning ability during these sensitive states according to his or her own will and readiness.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 386 students
332 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606
(585) 429-5530 3.2 PK-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-K | 19 students
1050 East Ave
Rochester, NY 14607
(585) 461-2920 7 PK-K
- Rochester Grades: PK-8 | 233 students
750 Long Pond Rd
Rochester, NY 14612
(585) 723-1165 2.4 PK-8
GMS was endorsed to us by another parent. Our son went to GMS from 18 months old all the way through kindergarten. The entire program is designed to get the child through K. GMS was a fantastic experience for our child and us as parents. Rosa and her entire staff did a phenomenal job - with our son and with each and every child. Even the wrap around and GMS summer camp were wonderful.
- Posted by Parent - Jim G
I could not have chosen a better school for my child to attend to. The past three years have been excellent, I love everything about Greece Montessori.
- Posted by Parent - bobbi
I world recommend Greece Montessori School to any parent with a young child. Not only to they teach the children life skills, but they offer parental advice on problem solving with your child.
- Posted by Parent - molly
I could not be happier with Greece Montessori School. The teachers are excellent and provide an environment where the children learn a deep love for learning, grace, courtesy, and respect.
- Posted by Parent - brian
Greece Montessori School has been a fantastic fit for my daughter Etta. She has loved it and I know she is getting a ton out of her time there. My wife and I have recommended this school to everyone who asks about it .
- Posted by Parent - philh
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.