Greenwood School, Inc.
Tel: (301) 458-4860
- At Greenwood we have a deep commitment to a quality preschool education and day care.
- We feel an outstanding preschool should provide a warm, loving atmosphere where a child can grow intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally.
- We want each class to be taught in a positive and non-threatening manner which allows for stimulation and growth.
- We feel children should be treated with respect so they will value the feelings and ideas of others.
- Greenwood believes each day of a child’s life is full of curiosity and learning.
- Parents and teachers play an important role in responding to and supporting learning experiences.
- By working together, we can help our children develop into healthy, intelligent human beings.
- Our teachers are college graduates and experienced in early childhood.
- Our faculty consists of teachers, senior staff, and aides. Greenwood serves children from varied economic, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Our faculty strongly believes that children learn through first hand experiences, structured and unstructured play activities, and involvement with their peers.
- The staff at Greenwood helps create an environment that is conducive to learning in this manner.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||147 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Temple Hills Grades: NS-PK | 25 students
1901 Iverson Street
Temple Hills, MD 20748
(301) 894-3256 9.3 NS-PK
- Baltimore Grades: NS-K | 60 students
4701 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 532-5399 32.5 NS-K
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.