Greenwood School, Inc.
Tel: (301) 458-4860
- At Greenwood we have a deep commitment to a quality preschool education and day care.
- We feel an outstanding preschool should provide a warm, loving atmosphere where a child can grow intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally.
- We want each class to be taught in a positive and non-threatening manner which allows for stimulation and growth.
- We feel children should be treated with respect so they will value the feelings and ideas of others.
- Greenwood believes each day of a child’s life is full of curiosity and learning.
- Parents and teachers play an important role in responding to and supporting learning experiences.
- By working together, we can help our children develop into healthy, intelligent human beings.
- Our teachers are college graduates and experienced in early childhood.
- Our faculty consists of teachers, senior staff, and aides. Greenwood serves children from varied economic, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Our faculty strongly believes that children learn through first hand experiences, structured and unstructured play activities, and involvement with their peers.
- The staff at Greenwood helps create an environment that is conducive to learning in this manner.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||147 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Temple Hills Grades: NS-PK | 25 students
1901 Iverson Street
Temple Hills, MD 20748
(301) 894-3256 9.3 NS-PK
- Baltimore Grades: NS-K | 60 students
4701 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 532-5399 32.5 NS-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.