- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 24 students
- Yearly Tuition: $11,300
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
- One of the obvious problems with old-school classroom settings, where children are taught en masse through chalkboard lectures or one-size-fits-all lesson plans, is that children are not one-size-fits-all.
- In those classrooms, faster students may feel stifled or bored while the teacher tends to the so-called "slower" students. More often, those "slower" students who need just a bit more time and attention to help them understand, don`t get all of the help they need, and so fall behind, growing more and more confused as the school year progresses.
- In either case, the result is the same too many children developing a distaste for school.
- This can then lead to children who "don`t pay attention" in class, slipping grades, behavioral problems or any of the other more common issues associated with early childhood education.
- The solution is simple: classrooms with Tailor-Made Academic Programs where children are able to study at the pace that`s right for them.
- Summer camp is offered too, with field trips scheduled every Wednesday, such as Adventure Playground in Huntington Beach, Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, as well as a camping trip, the zoo, the beach and much more.
Endorse Griffinwood Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards