5.00 (5 reviews)
- Located in the heart of Orange County, off the Interstate 5 and accessible from the 22, 55 and 57 freeways, we are a non-profit private school, serving students from Early Entrance Kindergarten through Elementary and Middle School.
- Our curriculum is rooted in the basics of Reading, Writing and Arithmetic, complemented by inclusive programs in the Arts, Research, Science and Technology all designed to see students succeed in school and in life.
- Going beyond old-school conventions, we offer Tailor-Made Academic Programs, maintain an A+ Passing Standard, and not only teach students what subjects they need to learn for grade requirements, but also how to learn any subject they choose, now and for the future.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Terry Young|
- One of the obvious problems with old-school classroom settings, where children are taught en masse through chalkboard lectures or one-size-fits-all lesson plans, is that children are not one-size-fits-all.
- In those classrooms, faster students may feel stifled or bored while the teacher tends to the so-called "slower" students. More often, those "slower" students who need just a bit more time and attention to help them understand, don`t get all of the help they need, and so fall behind, growing more and more confused as the school year progresses.
- In either case, the result is the same too many children developing a distaste for school.
- This can then lead to children who "don`t pay attention" in class, slipping grades, behavioral problems or any of the other more common issues associated with early childhood education.
- The solution is simple: classrooms with Tailor-Made Academic Programs where children are able to study at the pace that`s right for them.
- Summer camp is offered too, with field trips scheduled every Wednesday, such as Adventure Playground in Huntington Beach, Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, as well as a camping trip, the zoo, the beach and much more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orange Grades: NS-8 | 224 students
19111 Villa Park Road
Orange, CA 92869
(714)288-1432 2.7 NS-8
- Yorba Linda Grades: NS-8 | 742 students
16971 Imperial Hwy
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
(714)524-1350 7.4 NS-8
I can't say enough about this school. My son was 2 years behind in reading and really just giving up. He is now progressing at twice the regular speed and on track to be fully caught up and then some. He wants to read now and is now a self-starter on his homework. Frankly, this school just saved my son. The use of Applied Schoolastics made the difference. Every student here progessess better than their previous schools.
- Posted by Parent - bendr
I highly recommend The Whitworth School. The quality of instruction and the philosophy of learning puts them light years ahead of other schools. Our son made it through second grade at public school without being able to read. Within a few days here, he was reading and winning again! In one year he caught up on two grade levels! They care deeply about helping students achieve their full potential. They provide a solid foundation in academics PLUS go beyond with plenty of field trips, sports, activities, and fun. Our son LOVES it here. He has plenty of friends and enjoys the positive learning environment. I love it here because I know he's safe and actually doing really well. He is not just learning so he can pass a test but rather he is learning so he can APPLY what he learns to his own life. The Whitworth School taps into his natural curiosity and engages him. I am so grateful we found this wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - marge
The educational program at The Whitworth School is light years ahead of the public school system. There are students that attend the Whitworth School that are 2 and 3 grade levels above the norm for their age groups. The students that attend The Whitworth School are growing up to be responsible human beings that are making excellent decisions. Decisions that will affect their lives forever. My daughter has gone to The Whitworth School since she started school and I have never had a problem with her. She is a responsible person with a great ability to reason. I attribute a lot of that to her education and the environment at her school. I eventually brought my oldest son here after he was experiencing ongoing bullying at his public school. I brought it to the public schools attention several times but because the teacher to student ratio was so grossly off they were pretty much unable to stay on top of the situation and the bullying continued. The environment at the Whitworth School is safe, sane, and ethical and the children there are thriving and happy. My children have asked me on several occasions to hurry in the mornings so they are not late for school and do not want to leave at the end of the day. I wish that I would have had a school like the Whitworth School when was a child. Gina Bestenlehner
- Posted by Parent - ginab
I have two children here and they love going to school. The education is fabulous. Tests under 100% are not passing here, the kids go back and fix what was wrong so they really understand what they are learning. They have a fabulous outdoor environment and great teachers that really care.
- Posted by Parent - colle
This school is the best!!! Individualized program. Children are given individual attention, do plenty of educational field trips, excellent reading, math, science programs. Best of all, my children are happy at school.
- Posted by Parent - annie
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.