Tel: (516) 565-5640
- The Hebrew Academy of Nassau County (HANC) educates boys and girls from nursery through high school throughout Long Island by providing a high quality and thorough curriculum rooted in Torah (religious studies) and mada (general studies), based in academic excellence.
- HANC provides a dynamic, Orthodox Jewish education that fosters intellectual and spiritual understanding and love of Torah, and commitment to its mitzvot and values.
- An emphasis on midot tovot (good character) infuses all aspects of school life.
- HANC provides a challenging curriculum in general studies according to the highest educational standards as a complement to, and enhancement of, Torah study.
- By creating a climate of active intellectual inquiry in both disciplines, HANC encourages exploration and understanding of the world.
- HANC emphasizes the responsibility of each Jew toward G-d and all people.
- HANC instills in its students Ahavat Yisrael-love of Israel--as embracing the Land and State of Israel, and fellow Jews.
- HANC inculcates in its students the ideals of the American democratic heritage of freedom, justice and human dignity.
- HANC, in keeping with its long-standing goal of "chanoch lana'ar al pi darkho" (teach a child according to his abilities), provides a stimulating education for students with differing levels of academic ability and from differing backgrounds according to the various individual needs of the students.
- HANC partners with parents to nurture each student to develop as an entire person.
- By providing diverse academic and extracurricular programs, HANC enables and encourages students to discover and excel in fields in which they can lead meaningful lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Great Neck Grades: PK-8 | 628 students
16 Cherry Ln
Great Neck, NY 11024
(516) 487-8687 9.6 PK-8
- Great Neck Grades: PK-8 | 268 students
117 Cuttermill Road
Great Neck, NY 11021
(516) 466-8522 7.2 PK-8
- Hewlett Grades: PK-8 | 632 students
1170 William St
Hewlett, NY 11557
(516) 374-7363 5.1 PK-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.