The Heartspring School provides a warm, loving environment for children with multiple disabilities, where teams of specialists discover and develop the whole child.
A residential and day school, Heartspring students come to Wichita from all over the nation, giving their parents the peace of mind knowing that their child's needs are made priority number one.
Heartspring Pediatric Services help children from infants to toddlers to adolescents.
Our therapists, audiologists, medical staff and psychologists work together to assess the development of each child.
Our therapies are fun, our facilities feel like home, and our people love what they do.
We offer free screenings that evaluate the development of your child from birth to age five.
Heartspring Hearing Center provides technology and expertise that can change the way people live with hearing loss.
We offer a full array of hearing services provided by trained and licensed audiologists for individuals of all ages.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Inquire with school
- Students: 63 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Grades Inquire with school
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Heartspring is a worldwide center for children with special needs. Since 1934 Heartspring has been one of the nation's top facilities serving children with special needs. Originating in Wichita, Heartspring has grown to help children across the nation and around the world. Heartspring experts have traveled to Europe and Asia, providing training to organizations that need our help. Teachers from across the country and around the world have looked to Heartspring and Wichita for education as they strive to better the lives of children in all corners of the globe – truly making Heartspring a worldwide center for children with special needs. Heartspring provides greater independence for children with disabilities through the Heartspring School, Heartspring Pediatric Services, the Heartspring Hearing Center, consultation services and Heartspring World Reach. Outcomes The goal for all Heartspring School students is to transition them to a less restrictive setting whether that be home, a group setting or the public school setting. Heartspring teaches the life skills that children need to become active members of society. World Reach Heartspring World Reach is dedicated to touching the lives of children all over the world. International programs include professional training and consultation, participation in international conferences and programs, and collaboration with pioneering and innovative individuals and organizations in other countries. In the last several years we have been excited and honored to work with programs in Croatia, Myanmar, Romania, Malawi, and The People's Republic of China. Our goal is to provide support and recognition to our partners around the globe, and our vision is to improve the quality of life for children with special needs anywhere they may be found. Together we strive to give every child a chance, today and tomorrow, here and around the world. If you have a child with a severe disability, who is not progressing as well as they could in school, visit our School web site, and learn more about our day and residential programs. We currently have children not only from Kansas, but from all across the country; from New York to Hawaii, from California to Florida.
Endorse Heartspring School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.