Tel: (316) 634-8750
- The Heartspring School provides a warm, loving environment for children with multiple disabilities, where teams of specialists discover and develop the whole child.
- A residential and day school, Heartspring students come to Wichita from all over the nation, giving their parents the peace of mind knowing that their child's needs are made priority number one.
- Heartspring Pediatric Services help children from infants to toddlers to adolescents.
- Our therapists, audiologists, medical staff and psychologists work together to assess the development of each child.
- Our therapies are fun, our facilities feel like home, and our people love what they do.
- We offer free screenings that evaluate the development of your child from birth to age five.
- Heartspring Hearing Center provides technology and expertise that can change the way people live with hearing loss.
- We offer a full array of hearing services provided by trained and licensed audiologists for individuals of all ages.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Bilingual School Association|
Council of Bilingual Education
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Heartspring is a worldwide center for children with special needs. Since 1934 Heartspring has been one of the nation's top facilities serving children with special needs. Originating in Wichita, Heartspring has grown to help children across the nation and around the world. Heartspring experts have traveled to Europe and Asia, providing training to organizations that need our help. Teachers from across the country and around the world have looked to Heartspring and Wichita for education as they strive to better the lives of children in all corners of the globe – truly making Heartspring a worldwide center for children with special needs. Heartspring provides greater independence for children with disabilities through the Heartspring School, Heartspring Pediatric Services, the Heartspring Hearing Center, consultation services and Heartspring World Reach. Outcomes The goal for all Heartspring School students is to transition them to a less restrictive setting whether that be home, a group setting or the public school setting. Heartspring teaches the life skills that children need to become active members of society. World Reach Heartspring World Reach is dedicated to touching the lives of children all over the world. International programs include professional training and consultation, participation in international conferences and programs, and collaboration with pioneering and innovative individuals and organizations in other countries. In the last several years we have been excited and honored to work with programs in Croatia, Myanmar, Romania, Malawi, and The People's Republic of China. Our goal is to provide support and recognition to our partners around the globe, and our vision is to improve the quality of life for children with special needs anywhere they may be found. Together we strive to give every child a chance, today and tomorrow, here and around the world. If you have a child with a severe disability, who is not progressing as well as they could in school, visit our School web site, and learn more about our day and residential programs. We currently have children not only from Kansas, but from all across the country; from New York to Hawaii, from California to Florida.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wichita Grades: K-12 | 301 students
6355 Willowbrook St.
Wichita, KS 67218
(316) 773-9279 4.2 K-12
- Wichita Grades: 9-12 | 300 students
12345 E 21st St N
Wichita, KS 67206
(316) 634-0909 2.5 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.