Serving Beech Grove and the surrounding community since 1922, Holy Name School affirms the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church through a comprehensive educational experience that partners rich traditions with exciting new initiatives geared toward 21st Century learners.
Open to all families committed to the philosophies and mission of our school, we are devoted to maximizing the potential of individuals of diverse gifts and talents.
Holy Name strives to develop lifelong learners who are committed to knowing, loving and serving God.
Our commitment to academic excellence is evident in our rigorous curriculum, the wide variety of programming options we offer, and the relationships we share.
These meaningful, relevant learning experiences further boost the total growth of each student as we provide a strong foundation for students to become competent, compassionate, skilled thinkers ready to lead our ever-changing world.
- Top Ranked IN School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 225 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Full Time Resource Program
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
A+ Club (After School Tutoring), Art Club, Athletics, Band, Choir, Drama Club, DUCK (Don't Underestimate Catholic Kids) Youth Ministry, Giant GEMS Intergenerational Tutoring Program, Giants, Go Fitness Club, Guitar Club, Scouts, Speech Club, Student Council, Technology Club, Theology Club
- At Holy Name School, students gain a strong foundation for the future that includes a quality education rooted in traditional Christian values and high moral standards. The innovative programming, outstanding professional staff, and highly involved parish community support our students as they flourish academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
- With small class sizes (1:20 teacher:student ratio), quality professional development, high expectations for student accountability and strong parental involvement, our students continue to soar! We maximize their potential by providing individualized instruction, consistently monitoring student growth, and communicating regularly with students and their parents.
- Our students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 participate in Art, Music, Physical Education, Spanish, and Technology weekly in addition to their core content classes. Because of our size and creative scheduling, many of our Special Area teachers have flexibility within their schedules to team-teach and co-teach in the general education classrooms. This provides an even greater student:teacher ratio while helping students experience the natural integration of the arts and technology across the curriculum.
- From specialized classes such as Leadership and Essential Skills to the plethora of extra-curricular clubs and organizations we have established, our students have multiple opportunities to highlight their strengths and explore new interests. We challenge students while providing ample support to each child.
- Beech Grove is a city within Indianapolis, so our students are able to experience a small-town feel with the many benefits of the metropolitan area. Field experiences at the public library, Sarah Bolton Park, the fire department, St. Francis Hospital, and several shops within walking distance help our students understand that learning extends far beyond these walls. The technology in our classrooms - from wireless handheld response systems and laptops to Smart Boards and other interactive technologies - enhances our students' creative thinking and motivates them to grow, learn, and lead.
- Holy Name offers Extended Care before and after school for families on the go! The morning includes a light snack, as does the afternoon. In the afternoon, students have time to complete homework, engage in structured play in the gymnasium and socialize through arts, crafts, and games in the Cafe. There are several clubs and activities in which our students participate before and after school as well.
- Another option for families is participation in our Giant Steps Summer Camp. Students entering Kindergarten through Grade 8 can participate in one or both three-week summer sessions that partner engaging learning activities focused on core curriculum in the mornings with structured play and field experiences in the afternoons.
- A HOLY NAME GRADUATE AT GRADUATION A students who is enrolled from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade as a Holy Name Giant will be among the best and brightest in whatever high school they choose. A Holy Name graduate: * Is a critical and creative thinker who demonstrates strong work ethic and self-discipline * Collaborates with others to solve problems * Embraces the Gospel message and the 7 themes of Catholic social teaching as evident in his/her service to the community at large * Is goal-oriented and not only ready, but eager, to face the challenges of our ever-changing world and global economy * Is academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually prepared to prosper in a technological world * Maintains a strong foundation of literacy, mathematics, social sciences, technology, and the arts upon which new knowledge is easily attained
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Holy Name Catholic School offer?
Holy Name Catholic School offers 7 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Softball, Volleyball and Wrestling.
What is Holy Name Catholic School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Holy Name Catholic School?
The application deadline for Holy Name Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Holy Name Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.