Kirov Academy Of Ballet of Washington DC
Kirov Academy Of Ballet of Washington DC Photo #5 - Performing in the Nutcracker at the Winter Performance
- Kirov Academy of Ballet is primarily for aspiring Classical ballet dancers who want to pursue a career in ballet with the rigorous foundation of the Vaganova classical ballet method.
- A fully accredited academic program complements the ballet training.
- Academic Only students are also accepted into the programs.
- Residential facilities are available for up to 62 students each year.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$8,080|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Kirov Academy Summer Intensive Program is a six-week Program. Enrollment Fee: $400 Artistic Tuition: $4,680 Optional Room & Board: $3,000 Auditions are required for our Ballet Summer Intensive. Join the 2019 Audition Tour by going to the website and signing up there.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform for ballet classes only)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition divided by Day or Boarding student and by Artistic and/or Academic student: Artistic Tuition $18,400 Academic Tuition $13,500Room & Board $16,000 Enrollment Fee $2,800 Mandatory Fees $750 Other fees depend on chosen program. For DC residents, Serving Our Children tuition assistance program is available. Financial Aid Requests accepted through FAST, https://www.ismfast.com/FastPage.php?id=02a3f3cc4b80b32d28f5ce884bde1bd2|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katherine Cromwell|
|Admissions Associate||Jeff Rudisill|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, DanceBallet, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Ballet Program
- The most important requirement for enrolling in the Classical Ballet Program is an audition. Register for an audition by going to: https://kirovacademydc.org/audition-registration/ and registering for an audition. After the audition you will be contacted with the results.
- If you are interested in the Academic Only Program, please contact Mr. Stephen Gabb, Headmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, 202-636-0667.
- If you are intested in the After School Ballet Program, please contact Mme. Irina Wunder, email@example.com.
- We look forward to hearing from you.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Kirov Academy Of Ballet of Washington DC also viewed these schools: Annunciation Catholic School, Blessed Sacrament School (DC), Center City Public Charter Schools - Trinidad Campus, Holy Trinity School and Our Lady Of Victory School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: K-8 | 502 students
5841 Chevy Chase Pkwy NW
Washington, DC 20015
(202)966-6682 4.1 K-8
- Washington Grades: PK-8 | 241 students
1217 West Virginia Avenue Ne
Washington, DC 20002
(202)397-1614 2.7 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.