KLA Schools of Hillsboro
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 60 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,000
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our philosophy is to be carried out by emphasizing the child’s abilities, competences, and natural aptitude, developing and fostering the child in ways that encourage the development of new and inherent talents. These qualities will in turn allow the child to embark on and prosper in life with confidence and skill, especially in his or her future educational endeavors. In addition, learning will take place through positive relationships and caring adults. We believe that all children have a right to high quality education. At the core of this concept is the child’s natural curiosity of their world coupled with a respect for the countless qualities and values that we believe each child is born with. Along with the support of parents, teachers, and the community, children will build their learning and development with determination and enthusiasm while learning how to discover knowledge and improve their communication skills as they plan and make decisions in small groups. They will become prepared to successfully excel in their lives as well as in their elementary, middle, high school, and university education, on which their future success will so greatly depend.
- Reggio Emilia
- The Reggio Emilia Approach derives its name from its place of origin, Reggio Emilia, a city located in Emilia Romagna in Northern Italy. Shortly after the Second World War, the parents of this region collaborated with Loris Malaguzzi, a lifelong educator, innovator and creative philosopher to find a unique public system of childcare education. Loris Malaguzzi and the parents of Reggio Emilia, Italy were devastated by the destruction that took place during World War II and believed that the approach to education had to fundamentally change. Based on principles of respect, responsibility and community, a philosophy was born. In the Reggio Emilia Approach, there is a coined expression, “A child has a hundred languages.” The approach unites and develops all languages-innovation, nature, construction, fantasy, art, music, dance, building, writing, talking, signing, science, body, and soul. The multiple languages are used to help children build knowledge and understand the world around them.
- Guiding Principles
- Image of the Child
- The Reggio Emilia Philosophy believes in the rights and opinions of each child. A child is a competent, capable and natural researcher who has the desire for knowledge and life and is always ready for challenges.
- The Role of the Teacher
- The teacher plays a critical role by being the child’s partner and recognizing many learning possibilities. In order to further the learning process, teachers listen, observe, inquire, document, work together and reflect upon the experiences of children.
- Environment as a Third Teacher
- The spaces of the schools are both thoughtful and inviting. The Reggio Emilia Philosophy believes that the environment in which your child explores is the third teacher. Materials in the classroom inspire children to think outside the box.
- Each moment of your child’s day at a KLA Schools is filled with meaningful experiences and thoughtful interactions. In order to understand children and the way they learn, teachers work diligently to document all aspects of the learning process. From daily journals, child specific observations and children’s artwork, all moments are considered pieces of the process and are made visible in the classroom for revisiting and reflection. Teachers and children alike are able to view their thinking and their learning process through documentation.
- The Role of Parents
- We value parents as participants in their child¹s learning process. Their involvement in the school gives their children a sense of security and is deeply appreciated. This lends itself to having parents be a role model for their children, and for them to have an incentive for their own learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does KLA Schools of Hillsboro cost?
KLA Schools of Hillsboro's tuition is approximately $15,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of KLA Schools of Hillsboro?
The acceptance rate of KLA Schools of Hillsboro is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 88%.
When is the application deadline for KLA Schools of Hillsboro?
The application deadline for KLA Schools of Hillsboro is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse KLA Schools of Hillsboro. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards