La Lumiere School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked IN School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 205 students
- Yearly Tuition: $52,400
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 13 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
La Lumiere School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Decathlon, Academic Super Bowl, Community Service, Film Club, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Portfolio Club, Choir, Drama Club, Jazz Band and Chorus, Photography Club and Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our Mission: At La Lumiere School, we form character, cultivate scholarship, and explore faith in order to grow into more complete versions of ourselves.
- Character: We believe that character is best formed in a community founded on authentic relationships and trust. We structure experiences that encourage students to develop the agency, grit, and self-discipline to take ownership of their lives and the empathy, integrity, and courage to advocate for others. Through both success and failure, we teach students to act ethically and prudently with an orientation toward the common good.
- Scholarship: As a community of learners, we engage in civil discourse, listen charitably, work to be responsibly informed, and encounter the world with genuine interest. Our faculty guides students as they hone academic skills and habits of mind, and we have high expectations for how all students will grow and learn. Meaningful learning takes place when the dynamic between teacher and pupil is close-knit, and personal connections foster a process which engages students` experiences and interests to draw forth their best efforts. Beyond content mastery, our scholars develop a sense of wonder and an appetite for lifelong learning.
- Faith: Earnest exploration of faith is an integral part of education. Here, we strive to practice and live out our own faith lives, even as we explore our beliefs. No matter what their religion, each member of our school family belongs. Together, we seek spiritual understanding through an appreciation of the beauty of the natural world, a commitment to justice and service, and the pursuit of an active and authentic spiritual life centered on reflection, self-awareness, and hope. The Catholic faith serves as the bedrock of this pursuit, and its vision of the dignity of the human person gives us faith in one another, informing what we value and how we act.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- John Roberts '73 - The Chief Justice of the United States of America
- Jim Gaffigan '84 - Actor, Comedian
- Paris Barclay '74 - Television Director and Producer
- Jaren Jackson Jr. '17 - NBA Player
- Anna Malaika Tubbs - Author of "The Three Mothers: How the Mothers of Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, and James Baldwin Shaped a Nation"
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does La Lumiere School cost?
La Lumiere School's tuition is approximately $52,400 for private students.
Who are famous alumni from La Lumiere School?
La Lumiere School famous alumni include: John Roberts '73, Jim Gaffigan '84, Paris Barclay '74, Jaren Jackson Jr. '17 and Anna Malaika Tubbs.
What sports does La Lumiere School offer?
La Lumiere School offers 9 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis and Volleyball.
What is La Lumiere School's ranking?
La Lumiere School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for La Lumiere School?
The application deadline for La Lumiere School is Jan. 13 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 13 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse La Lumiere School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards