- Lee Academy was founded in 1845 by strong-minded people who were determined to provide an educational institution for the growing region.
- We began as a school to train teachers for the many rural schools that dotted the countryside of eastern interior Maine.
- The traditions of academic excellence, attention to the needs of the individual student, and a knowledge of our importance to the region have guided the school in its changes and growth.
- Our classes, our guidance philosophy and our daily schedule are all designed to provide a course of study that is interesting, challenging, and uniquely "you".
- We work closely with every student to develop an academic program that instills self-confidence, brings new knowledge, prepares the student for college and allows the student to develop the skills that are essential for economic success in the world and personal fulfillment in life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Comp, AP English Lit, AP Environmental Science, AP Government, AP Macro Economics, AP Physicis, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art/Design, AP Studio Art/Drawing, AP U S History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,000|
|Tuition Notes||Base tuition room and board. Figure does not include incidental fees.|
|Admissions Director||Deborah Jacobs|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After school activities which rotate seasonally, Community Service Club, Drama Club, French Club, Intermural basketball, National Honor Society, Student Council|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethel Grades: 9-12 | 205 students
39 Church Street
Bethel, ME 04217
(207)824-7700 144 9-12
- Dover Foxcroft Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
975 W Main Street
Dover Foxcroft, ME 04426
(207)564-8664 48.1 9-12
- Fryeburg Grades: 9-12 | 583 students
745 Main St
Fryeburg, ME 04037
(207)935-2013 160.9 9-12
- Pittsfield Grades: 9-12 | 421 students
295 Main St
Pittsfield, ME 04967
(207)487-3355 67.4 9-12
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.