- Lee Academy was founded in 1845 by strong-minded people who were determined to provide an educational institution for the growing region.
- We began as a school to train teachers for the many rural schools that dotted the countryside of eastern interior Maine.
- The traditions of academic excellence, attention to the needs of the individual student, and a knowledge of our importance to the region have guided the school in its changes and growth.
- Our classes, our guidance philosophy and our daily schedule are all designed to provide a course of study that is interesting, challenging, and uniquely "you".
- We work closely with every student to develop an academic program that instills self-confidence, brings new knowledge, prepares the student for college and allows the student to develop the skills that are essential for economic success in the world and personal fulfillment in life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Comp, AP English Lit, AP Environmental Science, AP Government, AP Macro Economics, AP Physicis, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art/Design, AP Studio Art/Drawing, AP U S History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,000|
|Tuition Notes||Base tuition room and board. Figure does not include incidental fees.|
|Admissions Director||Deborah Jacobs|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After school activities which rotate seasonally, Community Service Club, Drama Club, French Club, Intermural basketball, National Honor Society, Student Council|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dover Foxcroft Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
975 W Main Street
Dover Foxcroft, ME 04426
(207) 564-8664 48.1 9-12
- Fryeburg Grades: 9-12 | 583 students
745 Main St
Fryeburg, ME 04037
(207) 935-2013 160.9 9-12
- Pittsfield Grades: 9-12 | 421 students
295 Main St
Pittsfield, ME 04967
(207) 487-3355 67.4 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.