5.00 (2 reviews)
- Washington Academy is one of the oldest college preparatory schools in New England.
- With more than 100 different classes, students have plenty of options to shape their studies to their interests and needs.
- In addition to excellent programs in traditional studies such as Science, Mathematics, English, and World History and Culture, Washington Academy also offers unique hands-on programs such as Boat Building and Environmental Science.
- Our extensive use of "nature as a classroom" sets us apart among boarding schools in Maine and New England.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||421 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bowling, Chess, Culinary Arts, Dance, Envirothon, Fiber Arts, Math Team, National Honor Society, Outdoor Adventure, Robotics, Silver Quill Literary Magazine, Ski CLub, STARS, Student Council, Tri-M Honor Society, WA Players Drama Club, Water Polo|
- 85% of graduates go on to post-secondary programs, college or university.
- Washington Academy sits on 65 acres with 9 major buildings.
- WA is 2 miles from the Atlantic Ocean
- Students provide over 500 hours of community service
- 11 Advanced Placement courses are offered
- 4-week summer program for English immersion, ESL
- 100+ courses including Mandarin Chinese and Coastal Ecology
- 15 staff and faculty members reside on campus
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dover Foxcroft Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
975 W Main Street
Dover Foxcroft, ME 04426
(207)564-8664 95.9 9-12
- Fryeburg Grades: 9-12 | 583 students
745 Main St
Fryeburg, ME 04037
(207)935-2013 183.5 9-12
- Lee Grades: 9-12 | 212 students
26 Winn Road
Lee, ME 04455
(207)738-2252 61.5 9-12
- Mayer Grades: 8-12 | 142 students
1000 Orme School Rd
Mayer, AZ 86333
(928)632-7601 2456.6 8-12
I''m an exchange student and I attempted this school in my junior year and I LOVED IT! It's a big school in a small, safe, cozy neighborhood. The school gives you big variety of subjects and a lot of different athletics. Whenever I had any troubles the headmaster and teachers were always available to help me. Nice and small classes which makes easy to ask teachers questions, and easy for teachers to talk with every student. I''d very recommend this school to anyone!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - alex8
As a parent, I could not be more pleased with the education and the social environment at WA.
- Posted by Parent - finla
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.