Maine Central Institute
- Top Ranked ME School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 421 students
- Yearly Tuition: $42,750
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Collared shirts and khakis, skirts, dresses, sweaters. No sleeveless shirts, jeans, tennis shoes, hooded sweatshirts, baseball hats.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Aomori Travelers, Calligraphy, Chess, Chinese, Creative Writing, Culinary Club, Culture Diversity, Dorm Counsil, French, Key Club, Kindness Krew, Longboard Club, Masardis, Math Team, Model UN, National Honor Society, Outdoor Adventure Club, Robotics Club, Role Playing Game, Science & Outing Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Leadership Committee, Tennis/ Chess Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
3D Design, Art, Art and Design Fundamentals, Art Survey, Bossov Ballet Theater, Bossov Ballet Theater ( pre-professional Ballet), Ceramics, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Contemporary A Capella, Digital Music Production, Drama, Festival Theatre Ensemble, guitar, Instrumental Jazz Ensemble, Intro to Costume, Introduction to Theatre, Music in Society, Painting, Paper Art Club, Piano Lessons, Sculpture, Social Theater, Stage & TV Make-up, Studio Foundations I & II, Technical Theatre-Stagecraft, Theatre Arts, Vocal Jazz Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Esports Club, Fencing Club, Lacrosse, Volleyball Club
- Maine Central Institute is a traditional day and boarding program with college preparatory academics and a wide variety of athletics, arts, music, theatre, and on campus clubs and activities. The student body is made of people from all over the world and including many different parts of the US. Maine Central Institute Academic highlights:
- Manson Essay: It is a distinguished Junior essay (college-level) requirement originating in the late 1800's. All Juniors spend months researching and writing on a topic of their choice and end the assignment with an oral presentation of their essay in front of their peers.
- One to One ipad program: in 2013, MCI made a commitment to technology use in and out of the classroom by providing iPADs for all students and faculty members. Ipad and apple TV is used in our curriculum.
- Senior project: It is a capstone assessment, integrating students' mastery of communication skills, research techniques, public speaking conventions, and organization for independent, self-directed learning. Students devote five weeks to their chosen learning objectives, then present their knowledge and product to peers, family and community members.
- Bossov Ballet Theater: Bossov Ballet Theatre at Maine Central Institute is both a performing company and an international pre-professional ballet school. It offers pre-professional syllabus prepares students for a professional ballet career.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Maine Central Institute cost?
Maine Central Institute's tuition is approximately $42,750 for private students.
What sports does Maine Central Institute offer?
Maine Central Institute offers 18 interscholastic sports: Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. Maine Central Institute is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Maine for most sports offered.
What is Maine Central Institute's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Maine Central Institute?
The application deadline for Maine Central Institute is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Maine Central Institute. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards