Leport School - Carlsbad Village
- Authentic Montessori elementary education for kindergarten through 6th grade. At LePort Montessori School in Carlsbad-Village, you will find: * Beautiful, picturesque campus with large gardens and fields.
- * Small school with 1:12 ratio, which allows for tremendous individualization.
- * Authentic Montessori approach to building strong academic knowledge and skills.
- * Support for personal development, including time management, organization and social skills.
- * A mixed-age, benevolent learning community where all children benefit.
- * An engaging curriculum that makes school enjoyable and rewarding everyday. * A unique approach to fostering critical and creative thinking skills. * A place where students are respected and supported for their individual interests, abilities, and methods of learning.
Leport School - Carlsbad Village places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call school.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Ring|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encinitas Grades: K | 11 students
286 N El Camino Real
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)479-9889 9 K
- Encinitas Grades: PK-K | 12 students
220 Calle De Madera
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)436-4402 7.5 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.