Liberty Christian School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Liberty Christian School Photo #3 - Competitive sports program for Middle School students including boys soccer, girls volleyball, boys and girls basketball, cheerleading. A newly formed archery team is available to students in grades 4-8.
Liberty Christian School Photo #4 - "Specials" include: physical education, media, art, music, Spanish, and digital literacy.
Liberty Christian School Photo #5 - Established in 1980, Liberty Christian School is located on a beautiful 35 acre campus near the Carroll/Baltimore County line.
Liberty Christian School Photo #7 - Eighth graders have the opportunity to travel to Costa Rica to participate in a capstone missions trip.
Liberty Christian School Photo #8 - Before Care and After Care are available daily for Liberty Christian School students.
- Liberty Christian School, established in 1980, is located on a beautiful 35-acre campus near the Carroll/Baltimore county line. Providing academic excellence in K4 through 8th grade, we have become one of the most unique schools in the Baltimore area. Our faculty is trained to teach from a Biblical worldview keeping in mind the student's individual learning style, preparing them for high school and beyond.
- Our racially and ethnically blended student body provides a unique opportunity for students to experience diversity in an environment that fosters unity by developing confident, godly learners, citizens and leaders. We offer a variety of enrichment activities, including competitive athletics, the arts, technology and service to the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khakis & polos. On chapel days girls wear jumpers, skirts, boys wear ties. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cheering, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cheering, Indoor Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, SGA, Worship
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Athletics, Intramural
- Core Values Statements
- Grounded in the Word of God- No subject is taught in the totality of its truth if the Creator, Christ, is ignored or denied. Christ is the key to education.
- Developmental- We recognize that God grows us through critical stages physically, emotionally, intellectually, relationally and spiritually.
- Diverse and Welcoming- God has placed us at a crossroads of cultures, languages and ethnic and racial groups. We recognize our unity in Christ in the diversity of His people.
- Each student unique- We seek to be living examples of God`s love to each child and demonstrate their uniqueness in His plan.
- Parental Involvement- Our faculty and staff assist parents in their God-given role of raising children to honor Him.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owings Mills Grades: PK-12 | 1340 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
(410)581-4711 4.4 PK-12
- Windsor Mill Grades: PK-12 | 183 students
3030 N Rolling Road
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
(410)655-9300 6.9 PK-12
I have an 8th grader, and a 4th grader -- both have been at the school since Kindergarten. This school is like a family, and the faculty and staff truly care about our kids. The academics are challenging, there are many opportunities for exploring gifts and abilities, and I know that my 8th grader is well-prepared to enter high school next year. There are opportunities in sports, drama, music, foreign language, a computer lab, as well as clubs and other activities. Most importantly, the school has made a huge impact on my kids'' relationship with Jesus. It has been spectacular to have them in an environment where Christ is glorified in all things, and my kids are encouraged daily to walk with God. I couldn't ask for more! My 8th grader recently returned from the 8th-grade mission trip to Costa Rica. It was a culmination of so many things taught through the years (including being able to use their Spanish!). As a parent, I have also made many wonderful friendships with other parents at the school. What a blessing to know the families that my kids spend time with, and to build those connections.
- Posted by Parent - sarah
I am a new parent at Liberty Christian. I have a daughter that has started 6th grade here and I can honestly say that I am completely satisfied in the decision that I made to send her here. After spending her last 2 years in Public School, I noticed that she started to conform to her surroundings in order to "fit in". She has always been in a christian private school up until that point and couldn't understand why people made fun of her because she was "too nice". She was bullied and everything else; considering that middle school is a very important transitional time for tweens, I decided to put her back in an environment in which she felt like "herself". My daughter loves going to school everyday and has made friends very easily; she even loves all of her teachers and staff members at the school. I have had nothing but good encounters thus far. Liberty Christian has been Awesome !!!
- Posted by Parent - trina
I am actually now an alumni parent of Liberty Christian School, having completed 9 blessed years with my son at LCS. My husband and I desired for our son to grow up in a Christ-centered learning environment, where God's word, The Bible, is freely taught and lived out. We are grateful for the wonderful and godly LCS faculty and staff who gave our son a good education, and showed him the various hues of devoted Christ follower in the colors of their unique personalities. Many unique personalities, but one heart beating for the Lord! LCS has nurtured my son on the foundation of our Lord Jesus, and we believe that he can now brightly shine Christ's light in the world of his public school, in which he is doing well. Thank God for Liberty Christian School!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pyan
I am the parent of a 2nd grader at LCS. My daughter is excelling at this school. Not only are the faculty and staff are very caring and nurturing. New to the Baltimore, MD area, LCS had welcomed my daughter with open arms. We have never felt like "strangers". In addition, she is getting a biblical education that will help her develop into a respectful young lady. I would highly recommend this school for any parent who wants to have their children attend a loving school with small class sizes.
- Posted by Parent - mlgah
this is the best school ever !
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mayat
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.