Lima Christian Academy
- The Lima Christian Academy is an extension of the Christian home and church in preparing young people for both time and eternity, that these young people might be "conformed to the image of His Son" (Rom.8:29).
- A great strength of the LCA can be summarized in its being classified as a "non-chartered, non tax-supported school operated for truly held religious beliefs." While the LCA is aware of current state and societal educational expectations (and exceeds them), education primarily is assigned to the home (Eph.6:4) and church (I Tim.3:15), and not to the state or "Common Core" (Col.2:3).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||11 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,720|
|Tuition Notes||Possible financial assistance available|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Choir, Music Appreciation, Piano
- Since 1970 Calvary Bible Church has sponsored Lima Christian Academy with grades from Kindergarten through grade 12. God has blessed us with well-qualified teachers who have been equipped to challenge our young people to excellence in every area (Lk.2:52). Since 1973 we have used an individualized curriculum in the upper grades with a good degree of success. Our Kindergarten and first grade use the Bob Jones Press curriculum in which the parents have been pleased. The Iowa Achievement Test scores and the American College Test scores are published annually and our students score consistently above average.Our students keep physically fit with our Physical Education and interscholastic sports programs. We compete with other schools, mostly belonging to our state`s Christian school association, the Buckeye Christian School Organization (BCSO), in soccer, volleyball, basketball, and the fine arts.We have a complete (and required) music curriculum and speech training . Our academic offerings also include Science (through Physics), Mathematics (through Algebra II), Social Studies (including Economics), and English. Our students routinely have no difficulty adjusting to college academic requirements.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Doylestown Grades: 1-12 | 47 students
4774 S Hametown Rd
Doylestown, OH 44230
(330) 825-7891 131.6 1-12
- Oshkosh Grades: PK-12 | 440 students
3450 Vinland Rd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
(920) 231-9704 320.7 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.