Living Wisdom School
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 42 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- A safe, uplifting environment where a child`s natural curiosity is nurtured. Self-understanding and balanced growth: body, feeling, mind, will, and spirit.
- A sound academic program that gives students the foundation to thrive in almost any private or public school program.
- Individual attention, made possible through small classes of from six to twelve students.
- Universal values such as honesty, generosity, love, and living in harmony with each other, nature, and all of life.
- Consistent, gentle guidance to help children recognize for themselves which actions bring them happiness (such as kindness and generosity) and which actions make them feel diminished and unhappy (such as selfishness and bullying).
- Skills for living, including positive attitude, concentration, how to achieve one`s goals, how to control emotions, how to work in cooperation and collaboration, and how to be a friend.
Education for Life looks at traditional subjects through a holistic lens. Our main curriculum areas are: Personal Development, Self Expression and Communication, Understanding People, Cooperation, Our Earth/Our Universe, and Wholeness. Much of the instruction is thematic and uses the principle of Flow Learning. A typical day in our elementary class usually begins with a class circle time that may include yoga, inspiring stories, songs, energy balancing modalities, healing prayers, and class sharing. Our curriculum is student-centered, flexible and experiential.
Our elementary classrooms are multi-age, with a maximum of 12 students. Each class has a main teacher; supplemental teaching staff that adds to the educational experiences of our students. We provide instruction in creative self-expression classes in art, music and dance. Physical education is provided with an emphasis on movement, fun, and individual fitness, rather than competitive sports, although the older students do play basketball, soccer, and other team games. Our elementary program also includes weekly visits in the fall and spring to the arboretum, county, city and state nature parks, and other local places of interest in the area. This experience provides the opportunity for children to learn outdoors in an expansive setting with nature as their classroom. Living Wisdom students go on to both public and private schools, and have not only the academic skills to succeed on their grade level, but the confidence and ability to communicate and cooperate with others that are essential for success.
Living Wisdom preschool and kindergarten classrooms provide a nurturing environment fostering imagination, creativity, discovery and a love of learning in these foundational early years. Our curriculum is child-centered, developing each child`s unique gifts, while also developing the important life skills of compassion, curiosity, and cooperation. Class sizes are kept small with a maximum of 7 students, each class has a main teacher and a teacher`s assistant. We use the Education for Life philosophy and an environment filled with love to provide developmentally appropriate opportunities, materials,and activities. The children are able to experience who they are and relate to the world around them. A typical day in a preschool or kindergarten class usually begins with a class circle time that may include yoga, inspiring stories, songs, energy balancing modalities, healing prayers, and class sharing. Our curriculum is flexible and experiential, with time in the day for imaginative and nature-based play, art, as well as an interdisciplinary and holistic introduction to traditional academic subjects.
Features of our preschool and kindergarten program include:
- Spiritual and character development
- Emphasis on the whole child
- Small, family-like environment
- Arts, music, and movement
- Emotional harmony
- Creative play
- Calm focus
- Nature Yoga
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Living Wisdom School cost?
Living Wisdom School's tuition is approximately $0 for summer students.
When is the application deadline for Living Wisdom School?
The application deadline for Living Wisdom School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Living Wisdom School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards