Luria Academy Of Brooklyn
Tel: (718) 398-3290
- We provide a nurturing, child centered, value oriented environment dedicated to academic excellence and Jewish heritage.
- Luria incorporates innovative teaching methodologies and state of the art technological educational tools.
- By exposing our students to a uniquely integrated Judaic secular curriculum we offer them an extremely rigorous and high quality torah and secular education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
The Jewish Community Day School Association (SSDSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||518 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|Tuition Notes||An additional $1,750 goes towards the scholarship fund.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chaya Tamir|
|Admissions Associate||Bill Manke|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Crafts, drama, Hip hop, photography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball, martial arts, soccer
- Luria Academy is a nurturing, child-centered, value-oriented environment dedicated to academic excellence and Jewish heritage. Luria incorporates innovative teaching methodologies and state of the art technological educational tools. By exposing our students to a uniquely integrated Judaic-secular curriculum we offer them an extremely rigorous and high quality Torah and secular education. Above all, Luria fosters Jewish pride Ahavat Yisrael and a deep sense of compassion and commitment for all mankind Ahavat Olam.
- Educational Philosophy
- The school atmosphere is one in which students can achieve their spiritual, intellectual, and social potential while recognizing the relevance of Jewish values in their lives. Our teachers` focus is to provide each child with clear moral direction that stresses the values cherished by our tradition. Our educational philosophy is rooted in a profound respect for each child as a special individual with a unique form of intelligence. By incorporating both the progressive Montessori and Dewey teaching methods and the traditional modes used by successful Jewish day schools, we aim to create a new model for Jewish education. Following the words of King Solomon, we strive to "guide each child on his (or her) own path." [Proverbs 22.6:] At Luria, each child learns to think, observe, and reflect in their own creative way. Instead of teaching the correct answers, we teach our children to ask the right questions, leading them to discover the answers for themselves. Learning becomes its own reward, with each success fueling new discoveries. Most importantly, through the learning process students begin to build a framework for leading a meaningful life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 858-5100 1.2 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-8 | 172 students
920 Park Place
Brooklyn, NY 11213
(347) 533-4923 1.4 NS-8
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-PK | 134 students
71 Lincoln Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
(718) 638-4100 0.4 NS-PK
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.