Milpitas Christian School
Milpitas Christian School Photo #2 - Music education starts in kindergarten and opportunities to participate in bands starting in Grade 3. Talented middle school musicians may join music festivals and choirs.
Milpitas Christian School Photo #3 - Milpitas Christian Preschool has been voted the "Best Preschool" in the area. We offer a licensed, safe, and nurturing Christian environment. Our integrated Bible literacy and handwriting curriculum is tailored to young children. Full-time and part-time classes are available for 2-4 year olds.
Milpitas Christian School Photo #4 - Milpitas Christian School offers a full spectrum education that challenges every student to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. From the earliest ages, children are encouraged to be creative and complex thinkers.
Milpitas Christian School Photo #5 - Our goal is to equip students with a Christ-centered education based on the Word of God (Bible). Although not all students have already placed their faith in Christ, those with open hearts and spirits will find a safe environment to ask questions and pursue their spiritual journey.
Milpitas Christian School Photo #6 - Children with social and emotional (SEL) training have more positive connections with school and a greater enthusiasm for learning. With increased self-esteem and responsibility toward others, students also show as much as an 11% improvement in achievement test scores.
Milpitas Christian School Photo #7 - Middle school students develop an awareness for the social, environmental and economical challenges in their community. Grades 7 and 8 help at the Milpitas Food Pantry and The Family Giving Tree, respectively. All 7th and 8th grade students are expected to volunteer a minimum of 6 hours per trimester and share what they learned through a "reflection" form.
Milpitas Christian School Photo #8 - In addition to physical education, middle school students may also compete among 26 schools in the Bay Area Christian Athletic League (BACAL).
Milpitas Christian School Photo #9 - Competitive sports for boys include basketball, volleyball, soccer, cross country and flag football. For girls, teams include basketball, volleyball and soccer, softball, and cross country.
Milpitas Christian School Photo #10 - Our bold new lion logo reflects the spirit and strength of Milpitas Christian School. Proverbs 28:1 declared, the righteous are bold as a lion." With a full spectrum curriculum, MCS strives to the whole student to grow spiritually, socially, physically, emotionally, and intellectually.
- Founded in 1974, Milpitas Christian School (MCS) has been equipping followers of Christ to transform their world.
- For over 45 years, MCS has educated thousands of preschool, elementary and middle school students on its Milpitas and San Jose, California campuses.
- Recently MCS was honored with "Best Tutoring and Learning Center" and "Best Private School" in Silicon Valley (runner up) honors by the popular Mercury News.
- MCS holds dual accreditations from Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- MCS accepts students of all races and nationalities and does not discriminate in any of its programs based on gender, race, or national origin.To receive more information or to arrange a campus tour, visit MilpitasChristian.org or call (408) 945-6530.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learn Lab tutoring avalible|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Four programs: summer preschool, summer school, summer camp and personal tutoring.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||555 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki or blue pants/skirt and white, blue, or burgundy polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jim Hsia|
|Admissions Associate||Clark Gilbert|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Diets & Life - Food Explorers Club, Engineering For Kids, Los Altos Chinese School (LACS)
Arts and Music Programs:
Clay Art, Creative Art
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Skatedogs - Mobile Skateboard Park, Tennis
- Milpitas Christian School (MCS) offers excellent academics with a balanced approach to learning. We prepare students for a lifetime of learning, service to their communities, and future success.
- One of the most important challenges for every teacher to motivate their students. Our experienced teachers, coaches and specialists know how to activate each child's innate curiosity to explore and to learn.
- Our information-based, high technology world needs critical thinkers with problem-solving skills. MCS offers a learning environment that encourages exploration and stimulates creativity. Science discovery and exploration begins in preschool and advances to earth science and life science in middle school. Technology is first integrated into Grade 1 curriculum. Engineering (robotics, coding) builds upon the foundation in the earliest grade. Our Singapore math program spans Grades 1-5; dual advanced math tracks are available in Grades 6-8.
- As an independent, non-denominational Christ-centered school, we collaborate with parents and churches to provide a well-rounded education with a biblical worldview. Although not all of our families have already placed their faith in Jesus Christ, students with open hearts and spirits will find a safe environment to ask tough questions and pursue their spiritual quest.
- To receive more information or to arrange a campus tour, visit MilpitasChristian.org or call (408) 945-6530.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milpitas Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
360 S Abel St
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408)262-8110 2.5 PK-8
- Campbell Grades: PK-8 | 161 students
400 W Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
(408)378-5935 10.4 PK-8
- Castro Valley Grades: PK-5 | 269 students
19300 Redwood Road
Castro Valley, CA 94546
(510)889-7526 23 PK-5
- Fremont Grades: NS-12 | 685 students
4760 Thornton Avenue
Fremont, CA 94536
(510)744-2241 12.6 NS-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.