Milpitas Christian School
- Founded in 1974, Milpitas Christian School (MCS) has been equipping followers of Christ to transform their world.
- For over 45 years, MCS has educated thousands of preschool, elementary and middle school students on its Milpitas and San Jose, California campuses.
- Recently MCS was honored with "Best Tutoring and Learning Center" and "Best Private School" in Silicon Valley (runner up) honors by the popular Mercury News.
- MCS holds dual accreditations from Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- MCS accepts students of all races and nationalities and does not discriminate in any of its programs based on gender, race, or national origin.To receive more information or to arrange a campus tour, visit MilpitasChristian.org or call (408) 945-6530.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learn Lab tutoring avalible|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Four programs: summer preschool, summer school, summer camp and personal tutoring.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||555 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki or blue pants/skirt and white, blue, or burgundy polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jim Hsia|
|Admissions Associate||Clark Gilbert|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Diets & Life - Food Explorers Club, Engineering For Kids, Los Altos Chinese School (LACS)
Arts and Music Programs:
Clay Art, Creative Art
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Skatedogs - Mobile Skateboard Park, Tennis
- Milpitas Christian School (MCS) offers excellent academics with a balanced approach to learning. We prepare students for a lifetime of learning, service to their communities, and future success.
- One of the most important challenges for every teacher to motivate their students. Our experienced teachers, coaches and specialists know how to activate each child's innate curiosity to explore and to learn.
- Our information-based, high technology world needs critical thinkers with problem-solving skills. MCS offers a learning environment that encourages exploration and stimulates creativity. Science discovery and exploration begins in preschool and advances to earth science and life science in middle school. Technology is first integrated into Grade 1 curriculum. Engineering (robotics, coding) builds upon the foundation in the earliest grade. Our Singapore math program spans Grades 1-5; dual advanced math tracks are available in Grades 6-8.
- As an independent, non-denominational Christ-centered school, we collaborate with parents and churches to provide a well-rounded education with a biblical worldview. Although not all of our families have already placed their faith in Jesus Christ, students with open hearts and spirits will find a safe environment to ask tough questions and pursue their spiritual quest.
- To receive more information or to arrange a campus tour, visit MilpitasChristian.org or call (408) 945-6530.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Grades: NS-K | 95 students
1170 Foxworthy Avenue
San Jose, CA 95118
(408) 723-5140 9.7 NS-K
- San Jose Grades: PK-8 | 354 students
300 O'Connor Drive
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 287-3630 7.6 PK-8