MMI Preparatory School
- Founded in 1879, MMI Preparatory School is an independent, non-sectarian, co-educational, college preparatory day school for students in grades 6 through 12.
- The MMI campus is located in a culturally and economically diverse area of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Conveniently situated near major Interstate Routes 80 and 81, MMI draws students from the Greater Hazleton, Greater Wilkes-Barre, and Bloomsburg areas, as well as the Pocono Mountain region.
- Our mission at MMI is to provide area students with a comprehensive and inspiring 6th through 12th grade college preparatory program that maximizes each individual's academic, social and character potential in preparation for success in college and beyond.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1254|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Jun. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,770|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 6th grade in 2019-2020 is 13900. Tuition above is for grades 7-12.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marci Hosier|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Botball, Chess Club, Drama Club, Envirothon, Interact Club, Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science, Science Olympiad, Ski Club, Sunshine Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- MMI is an independent, non-sectarian, co-educational private preparatory school serving students in grades 6-12. Our mission is to provide a college preparatory environment that fosters academic achievement, personal growth and a commitment to community service through development of intellectual inquiry, critical thinking and sound judgment. MMI offers a challenging college preparatory curriculum that prepares students for the rigors of college life by instilling good study habits and encouraging success.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clarks Summit Grades: PK-9 | 70 students
660 Griffin Pond Rd
Clarks Summit, PA 18411
(570) 587-1545 34.4 PK-9
- Kingston Grades: NS-8 | 340 students
1560 Wyoming Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704
(570) 718-6611 19.3 NS-8
- Kingston Grades: 9-12 | 805 students
201 N Sprague Ave
Kingston, PA 18704
(570) 270-2100 17.3 9-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.