Montessori Childrens School
Tel: (516) 541-6365
- At the Montessori Children's School, we provide the sense of security and loving care that toddlers need to thrive during this stage of intense learning.
- Since toddlers are especially driven towards achieving independence, our teachers provide responsive, individual attention as your child deals with positive experiences as well as frustration.
- The Montessori Children's School curriculum takes advantage of the rapid growth of gross and fine motor skills at this stage.
- Dr. Maria Montessori was a medical doctor and pioneer educator who was born in Italy in 1870 and died in 1952.
- As her life's work, she developed a teaching philosophy that balances freedom with responsibility in the classroom and also sets high standards of intellectual and social development for children.
- The principle and philosophy developed by Dr. Montessori Educational research indicates that children ages 3-6 are extremely capable of learning meaningful things, and that intellectual stimulation given at this age level helps to create the foundation for later academic success.
- A program of play alone does not help the young child to organize his or her mental processes, which is necessary for academic learning.
- Therefore, the Montessori program is a learning program with a curriculum wherein the children enjoy the work/play environment created for them.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Rockaway Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
263 Atlantic Ave
East Rockaway, NY 11518
(516) 593-9010 10.6 PK-8
- Floral Park Grades: PK-8 | 375 students
2 Bellmore St
Floral Park, NY 11001
(516) 352-4466 11.6 PK-8
- Garden City Grades: PK-8 | 424 students
25 Dartmouth Street
Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 352-1205 10.3 PK-8
- Long Beach Grades: NS-8 | 319 students
735 W Broadway
Long Beach, NY 11561
(516) 432-8900 13.7 NS-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?