Nativity Preparatory School
Nativity Preparatory School Photo #9 - Our afternoon program also offers music which includes instruments like Guitar, Drums, Trumpet and Saxophone.
- Founded in 1990, Nativity Preparatory School is an accredited, private, twuition-free middle school for boys who come from families with limited means who reside in Boston and its sorrounding neighborhoods.
- Nativity accepts boys who are going into the 4th grade. Ocassionally, spots become avaialble in 5th and 6th grades. Please inquire to see if there will be availability in these grades for the upcoming year.
- Through a highly structured, challenging, individualized education that promotes the intellectual, ethical, physical and social development of each student, Nativity Prep prepares economically disadvantaged middle school boys from Boston's inner city neighborhoods for admission to selective high schools and colleges.
- In the Jesuit tradition, Nativity Prep transforms boys from Boston into men for others.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Shirt and tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / Apr. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Our school is totally tuition-free. The focus of our missions is to serve low-income students who live in Boston. We do require families to submit income information. Our entry point is 4th grade.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Orlando Emiliano|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Club, debate, Newspaper Club
Arts and Music Programs:
African Drumming, Choir, Drumming, Guitar Lessons, Saxophone Lessons, Trumpet lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Founded in 1990 by the Jesuits, Nativity Preparatory School is an accredited, private, independent, free- of-cost middle school in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston. Through a highly structured, challenging, individualized education that promotes the intellectual, ethical, physical and social development of each student, Nativity Prep prepares economically disadvantaged middle school boys from Boston's inner city neighborhoods for admission to selective high schools and colleges. In the Jesuit tradition, Nativity Prep transforms boys from Boston into men for others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-8 | 525 students
178 Coolidge Hill
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617)520-5200 4 PK-8
- Dorchester Grades: 9-12 | 374 students
100 Savin Hill Ave
Dorchester, MA 02125
(617)825-2580 2.5 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.