Nellie P. Covert School
- The Nellie P. Covert School is a private educational facility that provides positive academic learning experiences as well as behavioral and social skill growth for students in K-12 with specialized behavioral health needs.
- The mission of Covert is to provide a safe and consistent environment through an integrated approach that fosters healthy growth in our children.
- The Nellie P. Covert School is accredited through the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Arizona Department of Education.
- At this school the Arizona's Children Association education program has developed from the belief that active participation in a positive learning environment will enable a child to begin to recover from the emotional disturbance that has disrupted the normal developmental process.
- Active participation, visual, auditory, kinesthetic learning, all will allow the child to begin to learn the academic, social, and behavioral skills necessary for successful re-entry into public school and the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-12
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)300-6103 6.3 K-12
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 887.6 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-6 | 32 students
510 S Highland Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520)623-0104 2 K-6
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.