Nellie P. Covert School
- The Nellie P. Covert School is a private educational facility that provides positive academic learning experiences as well as behavioral and social skill growth for students in K-12 with specialized behavioral health needs.
- The mission of Covert is to provide a safe and consistent environment through an integrated approach that fosters healthy growth in our children.
- The Nellie P. Covert School is accredited through the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Arizona Department of Education.
- At this school the Arizona's Children Association education program has developed from the belief that active participation in a positive learning environment will enable a child to begin to recover from the emotional disturbance that has disrupted the normal developmental process.
- Active participation, visual, auditory, kinesthetic learning, all will allow the child to begin to learn the academic, social, and behavioral skills necessary for successful re-entry into public school and the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-12
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)300-6103 6.3 K-12
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 887.6 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-6 | 32 students
510 S Highland Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520)623-0104 2 K-6
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.