Nellie P. Covert School
- The Nellie P. Covert School is a private educational facility that provides positive academic learning experiences as well as behavioral and social skill growth for students in K-12 with specialized behavioral health needs.
- The mission of Covert is to provide a safe and consistent environment through an integrated approach that fosters healthy growth in our children.
- The Nellie P. Covert School is accredited through the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Arizona Department of Education.
- At this school the Arizona's Children Association education program has developed from the belief that active participation in a positive learning environment will enable a child to begin to recover from the emotional disturbance that has disrupted the normal developmental process.
- Active participation, visual, auditory, kinesthetic learning, all will allow the child to begin to learn the academic, social, and behavioral skills necessary for successful re-entry into public school and the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-12
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)300-6103 6.3 K-12
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 887.6 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-6 | 32 students
510 S Highland Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520)623-0104 2 K-6
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.