Every classroom has SMART technology and a ratio of 1 laptop to every 2 students. NBCA believes every student can learn, though some students learn differently than others. Smaller classroom settings and varied curriculum approaches help us guarantee success for each student.
Whether it's full-court basketball or flag football or spending time on the swing sets, our students get plenty of exercise.
Electives, such as drama, communications, and life skills, such as needlepoint and gardening, make for an exciting school day.
From Kindergarten to 12th grade, our students are proud of their school and grateful to have school choice in the State of Florida.
- The Mission of New Beginnings Christian Academy is to provide a spiritually nourishing, academically challenging learning community serving students in K-12th grade who wish to pursue academic excellence in a vibrant Christian environment.
- That is why we take pride in having been accredited since 1996.
- NBCA is on the cutting edge of curriculum and teaching strategies that will enable EACH student to succeed.
- We are continually searching for innovative ways to instruct. We believe our teachers should have every resource we can provide and all teachers are given continuing education through webinars and special seminars in professional development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||April Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
- NBCA has approximately a 1-2 student laptop computer ratio. We also have smart boards and/or smart tables in each classroom.
- Because Math and English are so important with today's technology, each student from Middle School thru High School receives teacher-driven instruction in an effort to guarantee our students know as much as they are capable of learning.
- One of the curriculum programs we utilize at NBCA is ACE or Accelerated Christian Education, an advanced program that allows students to master material at their own individual pace. This means students of any ability may achieve success.
- Our younger class (K-2) uses My Father's World curriculum and this year some of the students have been introduced to Saxon Mathematics.Ignitia and I-Ready, which are computer-generated programs, are other formats we use for those who learn better with the new technology.
- We are always looking for innovative and interesting curriculum that will benefit our students in their quest for academic achievement.Each year, we want to insure every student receives quality personal attention and achieves to his/her maximum potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JacksonvilleGrades: NS-12 | 732 students
5520 University Blvd W
Jacksonville, FL 32216
JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
5732 Normandy Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32205
Orange ParkGrades: PK-12 | 615 students
3100 Doctors Lake Dr
Orange Park, FL 32073
JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 275 students
3765 San Pablo Rd S
Jacksonville, FL 32224
JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 369 students
5725 Fort Caroline Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32277
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.