New Beginnings Christian Academy
Every classroom has SMART technology and a ratio of 1 laptop to every 2 students. NBCA believes every student can learn, though some students learn differently than others. Smaller classroom settings and varied curriculum approaches help us guarantee success for each student.
Whether it's full-court basketball or flag football or spending time on the swing sets, our students get plenty of exercise.
Electives, such as drama, communications, and life skills, such as needlepoint and gardening, make for an exciting school day.
From Kindergarten to 12th grade, our students are proud of their school and grateful to have school choice in the State of Florida.
- The Mission of New Beginnings Christian Academy is to provide a spiritually nourishing, academically challenging learning community serving students in K-12th grade who wish to pursue academic excellence in a vibrant Christian environment.
- That is why we take pride in having been accredited since 1996.
- NBCA is on the cutting edge of curriculum and teaching strategies that will enable EACH student to succeed.
- We are continually searching for innovative ways to instruct. We believe our teachers should have every resource we can provide and all teachers are given continuing education through webinars and special seminars in professional development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||April Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
- NBCA has approximately a 1-2 student laptop computer ratio. We also have smart boards and/or smart tables in each classroom.
- Because Math and English are so important with today's technology, each student from Middle School thru High School receives teacher-driven instruction in an effort to guarantee our students know as much as they are capable of learning.
- One of the curriculum programs we utilize at NBCA is ACE or Accelerated Christian Education, an advanced program that allows students to master material at their own individual pace. This means students of any ability may achieve success.
- Our younger class (K-2) uses My Father's World curriculum and this year some of the students have been introduced to Saxon Mathematics.Ignitia and I-Ready, which are computer-generated programs, are other formats we use for those who learn better with the new technology.
- We are always looking for innovative and interesting curriculum that will benefit our students in their quest for academic achievement.Each year, we want to insure every student receives quality personal attention and achieves to his/her maximum potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- JacksonvilleGrades: NS-12 | 732 students
5520 University Blvd W
Jacksonville, FL 32216
- JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 369 students
5725 Fort Caroline Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32277
- JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 430 students
10850 Old St. Augustine Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32257
- Neptune BeachGrades: 4-12 | 16 students
407 3rd St
Neptune Beach, FL 32266
- JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
5732 Normandy Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32205
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.