St. Johns Country Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
St. Johns Country Day School Photo #2 - St. Johns sets the bar high, and our students are eager to sail over it. While they soak up subjects at varied levels in our superior college-prep curriculum, students are also collaborating, making connections, thinking critically and speaking publicly--developing skills they'll need for the long term.
St. Johns Country Day School Photo #3 - The best investment money can buy isn't about money. It's about the right environment for children to learn and discover themselves. At St. Johns, it's about our good people and great education, which open doors for students and instill the character and confidence to walk through them.
St. Johns Country Day School Photo #4 - The St. Johns version of straight A's" goes beyond the usual academics, athletics, and arts straight through to anything." We offer outrageous opportunities for a school this size and most important, everyone can and does take part.
St. Johns Country Day School Photo #5 - St. Johns Country Day School is small but mighty. Together on one campus, we are three divisions and one tight-knit community. Because the faculty and administration come to knowand know deeplyeach student, they can tailor teaching to the child and forge partnerships with parents.
St. Johns Country Day School Photo #6 - St. Johns Spartans are students who are looking for a challenge, who want to do everything and become anything. Spartans participate and distinguish themselves in our amazing array of opportunities, becoming well-rounded students, athletes, artists, and individuals.
- Since 1953, St. Johns Country Day School has been helping First Coast families raise children who are inquisitive, creative, inspired, and inspiring.
- With our amazing faculty, first-rate academics, vibrant visual and performing arts, exciting trip opportunities, and championship athletics programs, St. Johns is perfectly positioned to help you prepare your child not just for college, but for life.
St. Johns Country Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||615 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Art History & Criticism, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Principles, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language & Comp, AP English Literature & Comp, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language, AP Latin, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Seminar, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1254|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress code, menu dressing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition stated for a kindergarten student for the 2019-2020 school year. Please visit out website for a full list of tuition costs per grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jill Arnett|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Bianco|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors, Cum Laude Society, French Club, Girls Club, Green Team, Honor Council, Interact Service Club, Latin Club, National French Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, National Latin Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, Poetry Club, Quill and Scroll Honor Society, Spanish Club, STEAM Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Dance Team, Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Crew, Cricket Club
- Recognized as one of the pre-eminent schools in Florida, St. Johns Country Day School is a non-denominational college preparatory school located just off the St. Johns River, in Orange Park, a suburb of Jacksonville, Florida. St. Johns provides an outstanding academic foundation while simultaneously developing students` artistic awareness, physical development, and the confidence and personal skills essential for a successful life. Each year since its inception, 100% of St. Johns graduates have been admitted to college, matriculating at the nation`s leading colleges and universities.
- St. Johns students find that their work within the traditional college preparatory curriculum and their exposure to the school`s wide extracurricular offerings have prepared them for an easy transition into the country`s most demanding colleges and universities. Recent graduates have attended American, Army, Boston University, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Emory, the University of Florida, Florida State University, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, McGill University, University of Miami, Michigan, Navy, NYU, Princeton, Villanova, University of Virginia, Wake Forest, and many other elite universities and colleges around the country.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 577 students
7587 Blanding Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32244
(904)777-3040 4.5 PK-12
Leading the way in technology, many upgrades to a beautiful and secluded campus. Teachers who care and parents are encouraged to get involved. Comes with a price tag, but you get what you pay for. Awesome college counseling services for my children. Highly recommend this school to parents and students who want the best!
- Posted by Parent - Blpar
Creative, innovative, and nurturing environment. St. Johns Country Day School is a perfect fit for my kids. They offer everything from academics to performing arts and sports. They have offered wonderful opportunities so far. I love that they have great school spirit and offer a warm environment. It makes me feel great and proud to have them there. I would highly recommend them.
- Posted by Parent - amart
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.