St. Johns Country Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
The best investment money can buy isn't about money. It's about the right environment for children to learn and discover themselves. At St. Johns, it's about our good people and great education, which open doors for students and instill the character and confidence to walk through them.
The St. Johns version of straight A's' goes beyond the usual academics, athletics, and arts straight through to anything.' We offer outrageous opportunities for a school this size and most important, everyone can and does take part.
St. Johns Country Day School is small but mighty. Together on one campus, we are three divisions and one tight-knit community. Because the faculty and administration come to knowand know deeplyeach student, they can tailor teaching to the child and forge partnerships with parents.
St. Johns sets the bar high, and our students are eager to sail over it. While they soak up subjects at varied levels in our superior college-prep curriculum, students are also collaborating, making connections, thinking critically and speaking publicly--developing skills they'll need for the long term.
- St. Johns Country Day School's mission is to provide a superior college preparatory program with a diverse curriculum that stresses academic accomplishment, artistic expression, and athletic participation in a supportive family atmosphere that fosters self-reliance and ethical responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||615 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language & Comp, AP English Literature & Comp, AP French Language, AP Latin, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress code, menu dressing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,695|
|Tuition Notes||In our efforts to provide accurate costs and to allow for your financial planning, St. Johns incorporates as many anticipated fees in the tuition as possible|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Brian Pargman|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- The St. Johns version of "straight A`s" goes beyond the usual academics, athletics, and arts straight through to "anything." We offer outstanding opportunities-make that outrageous opportunities for a school this size-and most important, everyone can and does take part. That means that students can do all the things that interest them and discover new interests, and talents, they didn`t know they had. And whether our soccer team is playing for the state championship again or the St. Johns Singers are performing at the White House, there`s plenty of opportunity to develop those talents to a high level and make a mark. Meanwhile, students are developing confidence, time management skills, and a solid and broad academic foundation that starts with language instruction in PK and continues to Upper School`s honors, AP, and elective options. Our students are safely and joyfully busy, and they become not only well-rounded individuals but also engaged and engaging people eager to get involved in all that life offers. Dedicated to providing opportunities to expand academic, athletic, artistic, and "anything" horizons, we aren`t just "A rated." We`re "A plus."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 607 students
7587 Blanding Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32244
- JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 1677 students
7400 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
- JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 221 students
5725 Fort Caroline Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32277
- Orange ParkGrades: K-12 | 85 students
16 College Drive
Orange Park, FL 32065
- Orange ParkGrades: K-12 | 49 students
1324-D Kingsley Ave
Orange Park, FL 32073
Leading the way in technology, many upgrades to a beautiful and secluded campus. Teachers who care and parents are encouraged to get involved. Comes with a price tag, but you get what you pay for. Awesome college counseling services for my children. Highly recommend this school to parents and students who want the best!
- Posted by Parent - Blpar
Creative, innovative, and nurturing environment. St. Johns Country Day School is a perfect fit for my kids. They offer everything from academics to performing arts and sports. They have offered wonderful opportunities so far. I love that they have great school spirit and offer a warm environment. It makes me feel great and proud to have them there. I would highly recommend them.
- Posted by Parent - amart
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.