Orange Park Kindergarten
5.00 (1 review)
- Orange Park Kindergarten serves 50 students in grades Kindergarten and is a member of the Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC).
- The student:teacher of Orange Park Kindergarten is 5:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,320|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten Tuition is paid weekly, $120.00 every Monday,|
- At Orange Park Kindergarten we believe that young children learn best by doing. The child at O.P.K. is provided with the experiences in which they can actively explore their environment and manipulate materials in order to learn. We provide many opportunities for the child to learn through play.
- The preschool and Kindergarten child needs to be in a place where a child can grow and flourish intellectually, social, emotionally and physcially. Each child's talents, needs interests and capabilities are unique to that child.
- O.P.K. was established in 1960. Our building was built with the sole purpose of providing an optimal learning environment for children ages 18 months through Kindergarten. We offer care for 18 months to 2 year olds, pre school programs for 3 and 4 year olds, VPK and Kindergarten.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-5 | 89 students
3718 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904)733-5797 12.4 NS-5
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-5 | 52 students
1216 Lasalle St
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)398-3830 12.7 PK-5
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 94 students
9840 Wagner Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32219
(904)924-2000 18.7 PK-12
OPK in Orange Park is a GREAT SCHOOL! The kids play outside in this huge playground heaven, loaded with cool climbing toys, including monkey bars, a path for bikes and these great tricycles. My son walks into the play area and jumps on a bike. They go outside 3 times a day. The teachers are great, personable and caring. I always was walking into the school late, around 9:30 am and I saw the school busy. All of the kids in all of the classes I passed by were happy and busy doing some cool activity. They have a lot of free playtimes. And so many different things to do and play with. I would highly recommend it to other parents who want their kids to have free play. We will miss it a lot. I am moving outside the country.
- Posted by Parent - Joy Curry
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.