- The New England Center for Children, a school for autism located 20 miles west of Boston in Southborough, Massachusetts.
- We are a private, nonprofit autism education center dedicated to bringing out human potential and creating productive lives for children with autism.
- Since 1975, we have remained true to our original mission providing state-of-the-art autism education and individualized treatment for children with autism spectrum disorder, pervasive developmental disorder, and Asperger's Syndrome.
- Our students and parents come from all areas of the country, and have varying backgrounds and family situations.
- All families share the commitment to find and support the best possible placement for their child with Autism/PDD or other Related Disorders.
- The New England Center for Children provides a full range of educational, residential and treatment programs designed to help children with autism and other developmental disabilities reach their full potential.
- Our overriding goal is to provide state-of-the-art Applied Behavior Analysis when teaching children with autism, thereby increasing their abilities to function and communicate successfully with as much independence as possible.
- Each program has been developed to address varying skills and multiple levels of functioning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Other special emphasis association(s)
State or regional independent school association
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||264 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||371 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NatickGrades: 1-9 | 31 students
6 Strathmore Rd
Natick, MA 01760
WalthamGrades: 1-12 | 80 students
410 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
LancasterGrades: 1-12 | 138 students
971 Main St
Lancaster, MA 01523
WorcesterGrades: 2-11 | 26 students
15 Jamesbury Dr
Worcester, MA 01609
East WalpoleGrades: 3-12 | 74 students
300 Boston Providence Tpke
East Walpole, MA 02032
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.