New Horizons Academy
New Horizons Academy Photo #2 - Our Springfield campus, located at 6201 Trust Drive in Holland, OH, has an enrollment of just over 50 students.
New Horizons Academy Photo #3 - Our career center, located at 854 S. Shoop Avenue in Wauseon, OH has an enrollment of just over 20 students. The career center features a fully functioning coffee shop and roastery, Special Grounds Coffee, that provides vocational training and employment for our students.
New Horizons Academy at Sara`s Garden offers a holistic, all-encompassing educational path for children who have special learning needs and are preschool through grade twelve.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality educational and intervention programming available and empower children with disabilities to reach their full potential.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 100 students
- Yearly Tuition: $35,000
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 21%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
All of our students receive either the Autism Scholarship or John Peterson Special Needs Scholarship through the state of Ohio to cover the cost of tuition.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
- Our special needs students are children first with all of the needs, desires, and feelings of children without disabilities. They are more like other children than different. Their disabilities are inconveniences that keep them from enjoying full lives, and therefore must be overcome or compensated for so that the children can grow and move out into the world.
- At New Horizons Academy kids come first. We exist for our students; our students do not exist for the school. Students don`t have to fit into the classes; the class and program is made to meet the individual student`s needs.
- New Horizons Academy has a team of highly skilled conductors and intervention specialists delivering focused interventions to its students. Our students receive considerably more minutes of intervention services than they did in their previous public school environment.
Profile last updated:
Endorse New Horizons Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?