New Roads Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 79 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- New Roads School seeks to promote personal, social, political and moral understanding, and to instill in young people a respect for the humanity and ecology of the earth and the sensitivity to appreciate life's deep joys and mysteries. The School rests upon several fundamental commitments: to the development of a student population of social, economic, ethnic and racial diversity; to the development of each student's full human potential; to academic excellence and excellence in the arts; to behaving responsibly and honorably as an institution and serving the larger ecological and social community. It is our goal to provide a strong college preparatory program from which each student will develop a personal dedication to learning, a respect for independent thinking and an expanding curiosity about the world and its people. We believe that education must not be a race for the accumulation of facts, but a joint venture among students, parents, and teachers to develop habits of mind; habits of character; an ever expanding awareness of the human situation; and the tools needed for effective personal, social, political and moral participation. We consider certain skills to be essential for all graduates: to read well and write clearly; to express oneself effectively; to reason and question thoughtfully, soundly and critically; and to study successfully and with determination. To be truly supportive of young people, teachers and parents must themselves continue to learn that they may perceive the young accurately and treat them wisely.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for New Roads Elementary School?
The application deadline for New Roads Elementary School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse New Roads Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards