Nittany Christian School
Tel: (814) 234-5652
Nittany Christian School Photo #4 - The expansive gym that was a great addition in the recently completed expansion.
Nittany Christian School Photo #5 - Art teacher, Mrs. Daubenspeck, demonstrates a painting technique to attentive Kindergarten students.
- Welcome to Nittany Christian! We are sure that as you visit our website, you will find interesting facts about our School that may not match your idea of what a "typical" Christian school is like.
- Our priority is to serve the Lord while allowing kids to be kids, all in an environment conducive to learning.
- The students who walk through our front door on a typical morning are smiling and enthusiastic, ready to start another day, loving to learn and learning to love! We have high academic standards that are met through traditional classrooms that take a nontraditional approach to learning.
- Yes, we use textbooks, but they are not the focus of our teaching methods.
- The teachers allow the students to explore topics, use a hands-on approach to learning, and facilitate activities that motivate students to want to know more.
- Christ is the center of our curriculum and is integrated into every aspect of the School day.
- Bible is taught daily and there are weekly chapels. The Great Commission is emphasized through a special "Missions Month" and other projects.
- Besides reading, writing, and arithmetic, students are given an opportunity to explore music, art, physical education, health, library resources, technology, and a variety of extracurricular activities.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Specified days require branded navy polo for K-5th, and branded navy polo plus khaki pants for grades 6-8)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Scholarship money is available to qualified families. Ten month payment plans.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Snider|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, Freestyle Skiing, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Fencing,|
Freestyle Skiing, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Dance Club, Math Counts, Playing With Food, Science Olympiad
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Drama/Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
10 and Under Tennis, Fencing, Skiing/Snowboarding, Soccer Shots
- Nittany Christian School is a private, Christian school for students in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade. We serve students from the State College ASD, Bellefonte ASD, Bald Eagle ASD, Huntingdon ASD, Tyrone ASD and Penns Valley ASD with bussing provided from all of these districts!
- Nittany Christian School strives to nurture the whole child - academically, physically and spiritually. We teach students to "Learn to Love and Love to Learn". We feature a strong sense of community - partnering closely with our parents.
- We invite you to call Nittany Christian School at 814-234-5652 to schedule a tour. We would love to show you around our great school and talk to you about how you can become a part of this dynamic family!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellefonte Grades: PK-12 | 137 students
100 Hertzler Dr
Bellefonte, PA 16823
(814) 355-7805 10.9 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.