North Carroll Community School
North Carroll Community School is a community learning together without limits.
Our goal is to provide multi-age, differentiated instruction, while providing timefor in depth study.
An emphasis is placed on connections between disciplines. All learning styles are nurtured through authentic learning experiences designed to extend and enrich our curriculum.The mission of North Carroll Community School is to develop life long learners with a passion for knowledge.
By providing a strong academic program with an emphasis on character building, our students will become productive citizens.
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 144 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,995
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
View the North Carroll Community School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
SCHOOL CLOSED - Memorial Day
May 30, 2022 (Monday)
Last Day of School for Students
June 07, 2022 (Tuesday)
First Day of School!
September 07, 2022 (Wednesday)
School Closed - Rosh Hashanah
September 26, 2022 (Monday)
School Closed - Yom Kippur
October 05, 2022 (Wednesday)
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Increase for Middle School
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Variety of Musical Instrument Lessons
Variety of Musical Instrument Lessons
- North Carroll Community School was formed to meet the needs of a variety of learners while offering families another choice for their children`s education. We are committed to teaching each child at his or her level of readiness, regardless of age or grade status. Using our own standards, based on the Maryland College and Career-Ready Standards as our starting point, students will build a solid foundation in Literature, Writing, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography, and the Arts. Our vision includes small class sizes, creative opportunities for learning, and most importantly, the time for students to own the concepts that they study. Differences between individuals are acknowledged and celebrated. We feel strongly about the value of character education. At North Carroll Community School, students and teachers alike belong to a community that values, teaches, and expects courtesy, cooperation, and respect.
Before I came to NCCS Ihated school. The first day I came I was stunned by how they started the day. Then how they went through the day! I immediately loved coming to school everyday. I learned so much above just my education, like how to shake hands properly andhow to be respectful during the Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem. Overall my short time at NCCS made me a better person. NCCS made me come out of my shell, which has made me be able to open up to people and have the confidence to do that. I love coming back to visit because I always learn something new!
To me NCCS means family. NCCS is a great school. I was only there for a year and it felt like I was there for so long. The staff and teachers are so loving and caring. The teachers always say they are not there to be your friend but to me they are. The students are the best. They are always so joyful and polite. When you are having a bad day, they are always there for you. NCCS is a great school. They taught me how to be respectful, humble, how to have balance and most of all how to be kind.
Endorse North Carroll Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Is The IB Program Right For Your Child?
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. Is the IB programme right for your child? Some answers to your questions here.
How To Control Your Child's Screen Time
We parents want to keep our children safe from anything and everything. That's always our biggest worry. We don't want our children watching inappropriate content or playing violent games on their smart devices, do we? That's the rationale behind controlling our children's screen times. So, here are a couple of tips on making that happen.
Myths About Private School
Second-hand information, myths, sensational news reports, and biased opinions rarely give a true picture of a private school. Find out what private schools are really like for yourself.