Oaks Christian School
Oaks Christian School is an innovative, Christ-centered school located Charlotte, North Carolina.
OCS was established in 2018 with a vision to educate children in the ways they were designed to learn.
The vision is implemented by offering small class sizes and an experiential, project-based curriculum that incorporates biblical tenets.
Our model allows us to address a variety of learning styles, and enables us to holistically educate the whole child body, mind, heart, and soul.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 75 students
- Yearly Tuition: $14,635
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 21 / rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 21 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
We exist to nurture, develop and educate the whole child mind, body, heart and soul as an image-bearer of God. We accomplish our vision through an experiential classroom model, a Christ-centered Biblical worldview, community service partnerships, and a year-round calendar that promotes a love of learning
- At Oaks Christian, children experience the joy of discovering God`s Truth in all subject areas. God and the Bible are not merely relegated to a lesson plan, but rather, are the lens in which they view the world.
- At Oaks Christian, each student is paired with a Homeroom Shepherd (HRS). Homeroom Shepherds plan the faith-based content that is shared every morning during a dedicated devotional time called Gathering at the Grove. Homeroom Shepherds also advocate for students, understand how each child learns, and know their strengths and weaknesses. They work closely with teachers to holistically support and develop each child heart, mind, body and soul.
- Students learn best when they learn by doing. Hands-on projects and an emphasis on subject to subject integration allow students to connect concepts to the real world, retain information more fully, and experience gratification in the learning process. Our experiential learning model allows us to engage all three learning styles (auditory, visual, and kinesthetic).
- 80% of class time is spent on teacher-initiated/lead engaging, hands-on activities. Only 20% is teacher-directed/instruction.
- As a part of holistic education, we believe in the importance of equipping children with 21st-century skills of innovation and creativity. This is accomplished, in part, through developmentally appropriate technology that enhances learning in the classroom. Screen dependency can hinder these skills, especially for young students. Therefore, we strive to empower our students with appropriate tools for healthy digital citizenship, creativity, and innovation to impact the world for the better.
- When students are at school all day and come home to hours of homework, they miss out on opportunities for social and emotional development. Free time to play, socialization with family and friends, and adequate rest are essential for young learners. We make sure your kids get to be kids, and any assigned homework is intentionally light, relevant and practical.
- Our local partnerships have included working alongside the refugee population at Project 658, supporting Urban Ministries` Operation Sandwich initiative, performing songs and creating crafts for the residents of White Oak Manor, a Medicaid nursing facility, and blessing Foster Village caregivers with culinary treats.
- Six Fridays per year, students get to participate in projects focused on serving our neighbors throughout the Charlotte community.
- Research shows that when students attend school year-round, they enjoy a better rhythm in their lives, avoid regression commonly referred to as the "summer slide," and remain energized throughout the school year.
- Students at Oaks Christian enjoy short breaks every few weeks, an extended Christmas break, and a one month break in July.We`re all about honoring and redeeming childhood. Our schedule is 8:30 a.m. 2.30 p.m., which is about 1.5 hours shorter than the traditional school day. This provides more time for students to be outdoors, spend time with family, and learn through play.
Profile last updated:
Endorse Oaks Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?