Our Lady Of Sorrows
- Our mission at Our Lady Of Sorrows school is to provide a well-integrated curriculum that insures the religious, academic and social development of each individual child.
- Our Lady Of Sorrows school strives to create a Catholic Christian educated community in which to recognize that knowledge must be enlightened by faith and made effective through service to others, not only within the school community, but also the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 315 students
2019 6th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
(205)252-2535 3.1 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: K-8 | 209 students
2 Xavier Cir
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)871-1687 4.1 K-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 137 students
630 1st St S
Birmingham, AL 35205
(205)251-8395 2.2 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-12 | 535 students
118 55th Street N
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)591-7600 5.1 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.