Our Lady Of Sorrows
- Our mission at Our Lady Of Sorrows school is to provide a well-integrated curriculum that insures the religious, academic and social development of each individual child.
- Our Lady Of Sorrows school strives to create a Catholic Christian educated community in which to recognize that knowledge must be enlightened by faith and made effective through service to others, not only within the school community, but also the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 315 students
2019 6th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
(205)252-2535 3.1 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: K-8 | 209 students
2 Xavier Cir
Birmingham, AL 35213
(205)871-1687 4.1 K-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 137 students
630 1st St S
Birmingham, AL 35205
(205)251-8395 2.2 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-12 | 535 students
118 55th Street N
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)591-7600 5.1 PK-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.