Our Mother of Sorrows/ St. Ignatius of Loyola School
- Our Mother of Sorrows / St. Ignatius of Loyola (OMS/SI) is a Middle States accredited Catholic elementary school in the heart of West Philadelphia.
- The school`s mission is to provide a faith-based, quality education in a healthy, respectful, and caring environment. Academically and socially we develop the whole child to meet the challenges of a global society.
- Today OMSI/SI has more resources than ever before. We offer students a personalized learning environment with classrooms of 30 students or less, weekly courses in art, music, and gym, wireless classrooms, nutrition education, before and after school care, support for struggling learners, counseling, and more.
- Our safe and supportive environment allow students to focus on personal and academic development.
- Over 85% of Our Mother of Sorrows / Saint Ignatius of Loyola students graduate from high school in four years! Please contact us to see what our children can accomplish when someone believes in them.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||All families are required to apply for financial aid. Over $200,000 in financial aid is distributed each year. Scholarships are available based on need and merit.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Challenge, Science Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- The mission of Our Mother of Sorrows / Saint Ignatius of Loyola Catholic School is to provide a Christ-centered quality education, to foster a spirit of inquiry and intellectual growth, and to prepare children to meet the challenges of the 21st Century in a healthy, safe and caring environment. We continue to develop and implement programs centered around science, technology, and humanities. We create opportunities for prayer, service, and extra curricular activities within the school and broader community to develop the whole child. Our teachers, by example and instruction, help students to integrate beliefs, values and the practice of faith within everyday living. We respect and celebrate the unique gifts of our students, families, faculty, and staff.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: NS-8 | 257 students
405 N 65th St
Philadelphia, PA 19151
(215)748-2994 2.2 NS-8
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-8 | 109 students
4431 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215)387-5230 0.6 PK-8
- Philadelphia Grades: K-5 | 357 students
3345 W Hunting Park Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19132
(215)228-7678 2.8 K-5
- Lansdowne Grades: PK-8 | 266 students
716 Emerson Ave
Lansdowne, PA 19050
(610)623-1113 3 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.