Our Mother Of Sorrows/st Ignatius Schools
Families have relied on Our Mother of Sorrows to help their children reach their God-given potential since 1878.
Today, our Middle States Accredited school is weaving a new model of Catholic education with our twin school, St.
Ignatius of Loyola. The two schools share an administration and provide students with more resources than ever before, including classes of 25 students or less, weekly courses in art, music, computers, and gym, wireless classrooms, nutrition education, before and after school care, support for struggling learners, counseling, and more.
Pre-K through 3rd grades attend the St. Ignatius Primary School and 4th through 8th grades attend Our Mother of Sorrows Upper Elementary School.
Our safe and supportive environment allow students to focus on personal and academic development.
Over 85% of Our Mother of Sorrows / Saint Ignatius of Loyola students graduate from high school in four years! Please contact us to see what our children can accomplish when someone believes in them.
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 274 students
- Yearly Tuition: $2,850
- Average class size: 19 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
All families are required to apply for financial aid. Over $200,000 in financial aid is distributed each year. Scholarships are available based on need and merit.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Choir, Girl Scouts, Jr. Great Books, Math Challenge, Science Club, Student Council
- The mission of Saint Ignatius of Loyola Catholic School is to provide a Christ-centered quality education, to foster a spirit of inquiry and intellectual growth, and to prepare children to meet the challenges of the 21st Century in a healthy, safe and caring environment. We continue to develop and implement programs centered around science, technology, and humanities. We create opportunities for prayer, service, and extra curricular activities within the school and broader community to develop the whole child. Our teachers, by example and instruction, help students to integrate beliefs, values and the practice of faith within everyday living. We respect and celebrate the unique gifts of our students, families, faculty, and staff.
Endorse Our Mother Of Sorrows/st Ignatius Schools. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.