The Mill Creek School
- The Mill Creek School is a private alternative secondary program serving adolescents in need of emotional and/or learning support.
- Most students are referred by their local school districts who provide transportation and cover the tuition.
- There is a comprehensive and challenging academic program that can be individualized to meet the needs of each student.
- Students who have experienced difficulties in larger school settings due to issues related to anxiety depression or social adjustment concerns are served.
- Mill Creek offers a strong visual art and music program along with supportive clinical services.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||7 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Arthur Friedman|
- Mill Creek is licensed by both the Pa. and NJ. Departments Of Education.
- Creers and transitional services are available to each student.
- Parent education and support groups are offered in the evening.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhiladelphiaGrades: 9-12 | 414 students
4001 Grant Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19114
PhiladelphiaGrades: 9-12 | 480 students
311 N 19th St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Melrose ParkGrades: 6-12 | 81 students
7613 Old York Road
Melrose Park, PA 19027
PhiladelphiaGrades: 7-12 | 100 students
8836 Crefeld Street
Philadelphia, PA 19118
MalvernGrades: PK-12 | 270 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?