5.00 (6 reviews)
- Our Savior Lutheran School has been providing an outstanding Christian education to students for over 30 years, while maintaining an environment for quality attention.
- It is our purpose to enhance each child's self-esteem and enlighten him/her to respect others.
- Striving for academic excellence, OSLS is nationally accredited and scoring in the top quartile nationally, consistently.
- Come learn what many already know and join our family at Our Savior Lutheran School!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||218 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available. Please contact the school for tuition information.|
|Admissions Director||Kali Dambeck|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||chess, drama, martial arts, yoga chess, drama, martial arts, yoga,|
- The curriculum of Our Savior Lutheran School meets or exceeds the suggestions outlined by the Curriculum Guide for Lutheran Elementary Schools established by the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Our Savior Lutheran is a Christian school and is fully accredited in the State of Florida and nationally by NLSA (National Lutheran Schools Accreditation). All faculty members are required to obtain State certification.Our Savior offers a variety of courses to enrich the student's experience creatively as well. Spanish, Computers, Library, and Physical Education are provided from Preschool through 8th Grade. Several Fine Arts electives such as Drama, Art, Cooking and Music provide students the opportunity to cultivate their artistic side. Activities such as Taekwondo, Chess,and sports are provided after school. Care is also available from 7am-6pm during the school week. There are many opportunities to get involved at OSLS!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 611 students
7777 62nd Avenue North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33709
Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 945 students
5101 1st Street NE
Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
Saint PetersburgGrades: NS-12 | 687 students
10101 54th Ave N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33708
Saint PetersburgGrades: 9-12 | 551 students
6333 9th Avenue N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33710
St PetersburgGrades: KG-8 | 464 students
2021 62nd Ave N
St Petersburg, FL 33702
This is a wonderful Christ centered, academically challenging school. The teachers and faculty know every child by name and challenge the students to be their very best. We feel very blessed to have our child at OSLS.
- Posted by Parent - Mtanc
this is the greatest school my kids have ever been enrolled in. they opened up their arms and hearts and accepted us to the osls family. the teachers are all great and really love their jobs. they care so much about the my kids. the principal is awesome and always friendly and a blessed person of the lord. he is the best. the rest of the staff is just just as great... thank you for being a great school.. god bless osls..
- Posted by Parent - tsopr
Since switching my children from public school to OSLS 2 years ago, our family has been very impressed. The teachers are very caring, yet they challenge the children to be their best academically. A Christ-centered education is the best way for children to grow up to become Christ-centered adults.
- Posted by Parent - sarah
Tried public school for a few months then found this awesome school. My daughter has been going there now for 8 yrs. The admin and teachers care about the children and know them all by name. Her education is far ahead of where her peers are in Pinellas Public Schools. I feel blessed that we have been able to have her attend OSLS.
- Posted by Parent - roast
Great school!! Outstanding academics provided by very loving teachers. They know and care for each child on an individual basis. So happy my children are a part of an amazing school!
- Posted by Parent - kali3
Well rounded school, amazing staff and academics. Size classes are small and teachers truly care for the kids well being. I am glad we found this school!
- Posted by Parent - agira
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.