St Petersburg Catholic High School
- St. Petersburg Catholic High School's mission is to educate and inspire all students to be good Christians and honest citizens.
- As a Salesian school we will collaborate to create a caring and safe environment which allows each student to grow spiritually, academically, and socially.
- Our purpose and energies are dedicated to compassion and love for the young.
- The Educative Pastoral Community articulates, encourages, and models Catholic values.
- We incorporate reason, religion, and kindness into interactions with students.
- We believe that interactions between adults and students contribute to student learning.
- We demonstrate our commitment to social justice and Christian values by offering our support and service to the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||351 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Boys - black pants/shorts/school shirt, special Mass Day dress - black pants, white dress shirt tie; Girls - black pants/shorts/school shirt, special Mass Day Dress - black pants, long sleeve white polo with black sweater or vest)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||In-parish tuition $9500 Out-of-parish tuition $12,700 Registration fee: New student $500 Returning student $400 Capital Improvement Fee $200 per family|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Sue McGough|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Dance Team, Drama Club, Environment Club, Honor Societies, Journalism Club, Key Club, Knitting Club, Newspaper, SADD, Spanish Club, Theater, Yearbook, Young Authors Club, Youth for Life, Youth Ministry|
- St. Petersburg Catholic High School is a four-year, co-educational, college-prep-oriented institution located in Pinellas County in the Diocese of St. Petersburg, FL. The curriculum of St. Petersburg Catholic High School has been developed within guidelines set forth by the Florida Department of Education and the Diocese of St. Petersburg. The framework of the program promotes and fosters intellectual stimulation and growth while enhancing high moral character. The curriculum for the young adult at St. Petersburg Catholic High School provides an education that is academically challenging, multi-dimensional and fun. The challenging curriculum includes Dual Credit, Advanced Placement and Honors courses. Advanced Placement courses are available in Biology, Chemistry, Calculus AB/BC, Government, Physics, Spanish, Italian, Statistics, U.S. History and Drawing. St. Petersburg Catholic High School works in conjunction with St. Petersburg College to offering a limited number of dual enrollment courses that allow qualified juniors and seniors to earn high school and college credit. Dual enrollment course offerings change depending on the availability of teachers and student interest.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Petersburg Grades: PK-12 | 611 students
7777 62nd Avenue North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33709
(727)541-7593 3.6 PK-12
- Clearwater Grades: 9-12 | 540 students
2750 Haines Bayshore Rd
Clearwater, FL 33760
(727)531-1449 10.4 9-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.