Pacific Rim International School
- Pacific Rim International School opened in the Fall of 1989 and is committed to providing children with the very best Chinese-English and Japanese-English bilingual multicultural education in a Montessori environment.
- Our emphasis is on the development of the whole child: social, physical, emotional, intellectual, linguistic, aesthetic, spiritual and cultural needs.
- We devote our best efforts to assisting children in the acquisition of skills and knowledge as a preparation for life.
- Our school offers a comprehensive bilingual-multicultural program for children in Mandarin and Japanese between the ages of eighteen months to eighteen years old.
- Pacific Rim International School believes that when children are guided to follow their natural path of development, they will attain their highest level of learning.
- We recognize and respect each child's unique abilities and talents.
- We maintain our commitment to providing children with the opportunity to progress at their own pace and explore by their own choice within limits.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alameda Grades: PK-5 | 98 students
1421 High Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)865-4536 6.3 PK-5
- Alameda Grades: NS-8 | 268 students
1910 San Antonio Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)522-4456 5.3 NS-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 101 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 2.4 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-6 | 82 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)841-7248 1.9 K-6
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.