Pinewood Acres School
Tel: (305) 271-3211
- The faculty and administration strive to make school an enjoyable experience for all students, as well as academically productive.
- Small classes, a close student-teacher relationship, pleasant classrooms, and beautiful surroundings all combine to make these objectives a reality.
- We all want what is best for our children, not only in terms of the physical necessities of life, but in terms of the growth and development of the total child, the functioning human being who will one day have to make his or her way in this world.
- We are interested in quality - the quality of the mental and emotional lives of our children, the quality of the experiences we provide for them through which they may mature and grow.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 907 students
5557 SW 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
(305) 667-5251 4.3 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 65 students
1801 Ludlam Dr
Miami, FL 33166
(305) 888-9483 10.7 PK-8
- Miami Grades: PK-12 | 252 students
12515 Sw 72nd St
Miami, FL 33183
(305) 596-3787 3.1 PK-12
- Miami Grades: NS-5 | 197 students
2850 S.W. 27 Avenue
Miami, FL 33133
(305) 444-4484 8.1 NS-5
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?