Rabbi David L Silver Yeshiva Academy
- The Yeshiva Academy is a progressive, modern school that welcomes all Jewish children.
- Our rich, challenging curriculum helps students achieve the intellectual and social skills needed to succeed in their lives and careers.
- At the same time they gain appreciation for the values of Jewish life and are taught the tenets of good American citizenship.
- At a time when many public schools are eliminating the arts, at The Yeshiva Academy music and arts programs continue to thrive.
- We believe art instruction helps students build confidence, creativity and an appreciation for culture.
- The Yeshiva Academy is one of the few schools in the nation to receive a full Cognitive Learning Systems grant, resulting in a new, fully equipped science lab and the application of an innovative teaching method, based on how children of different ages learn.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||The Jewish Community Day School Association (SSDSA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harrisburg Grades: 7-12 | 19 students
2950 N 7th St
Harrisburg, PA 17110
(717)780-4130 0.7 7-12
- Harrisburg Grades: 7-12 | 117 students
2743 N Front St
Harrisburg, PA 17110
(717)238-7106 0.8 7-12
- Harrisburg Grades: 2-12 | 43 students
1745 N Cameron St
Harrisburg, PA 17103
(717)238-6980 1.9 2-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.