Safety Harbor Montessori Academy
- Safety Harbor Montessori Academy is a learning community whose primary goal is to help students reach their full potential in all aspects of their development, in a loving, respectful atmosphere.
- We have programs for children, ages two through fourteen, providing continuity from early childhood to adolescence, and we are fortunate to enroll students of many religions and backgrounds from all over the world.
- With the Montessori curriculum as our foundation, we strive to emphasize the intrinsic rewards of learning.
- Our rich learning environment encourages curiosity, compassion, independence, creative thought, a strong work ethic, and respect for our global community.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies with age/grade level, $8,100-$14,700.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Lori Mikulaschek|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Gymnastics, SoccerBallet, Basketball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClearwaterGrades: PK-12 | 228 students
801 Drew Street
Clearwater, FL 33755
DunedinGrades: PK-12 | 178 students
1408 County Road 1
Dunedin, FL 34698
ClearwaterGrades: K-12 | 150 students
222 S. Lincoln Ave
Clearwater, FL 33756
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?