Safety Harbor Montessori Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Safety Harbor Montessori Academy Photo #5 - Elementary students using the Constructive Triangles materials to learn about polygons.
- Safety Harbor Montessori Academy is a learning community whose primary goal is to help students reach their full potential in all aspects of their development, in a loving, respectful atmosphere. We have programs for children, ages two through fourteen, providing continuity from early childhood to adolescence, and we are fortunate to enroll students of many religions and backgrounds from all over the world.
- With the Montessori curriculum as our foundation, we strive to emphasize the intrinsic rewards of learning.
- Our rich learning environment encourages curiosity, compassion, independence, creative thought, a strong work ethic, and respect for our global community.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$200|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$200 per week, but varies based on age and how many days a week the child attends.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||Varies with age/grade level, $9,500-$17,200.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lori Mikulaschek|
|Admissions Associate||Germaine DiJohn|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Gymnastics, SoccerBallet, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Youth Environmental Conservation
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Music Lessons
- In order to fulfill our mission statement, our first priority must be to provide an emotional environment that is safe and nurturing for all members of our community. To that end, we are committed to providing a developmentally appropriate environment and set of expectations at each level, guided by the basic tenets of Montessori philosophy. Each classroom and the school as a whole are infused with a sense of community, founded on mutual respect. Basic values such as responsibility, integrity, peacefulness, compassion, and an appreciation of the value of work are imparted through modeling, discussion, and daily social interactions.Our academic program is designed to be challenging, stimulating, and engaging to each student. By finding a match between students` academic abilities and challenges offered, we maximize each student`s ability to learn at his or her level of development. Our students learn through discovery and inquiry, constructing their intelligence and body of knowledge through work that provides for authentic feedback without value judgments. Choices in learning encourage students` love of learning and personal involvement in their work. Our goal is to create lifelong learners, now more important than ever, since we live in an increasingly complex, information-based society. We strive to develop our students` intrinsic motivation, avoiding external controls whenever possible, believing that strong, moral citizens must be guided by an inner voice rather than external approval.We are dedicated to the Montessori philosophy of education, and to the importance of continuing to develop curricula, integrating new technology when possible, to support, update, and expand on Dr. Montessori`s brilliant, more than one hundred year work in progress. We are also committed to integrating new information about the way the brain functions and develops into what is already a neurologically sound approach to education.Finally, we strive to provide a holistic learning experience that educates students physically, cognitively, morally, socially, and emotionally. To that end, we strive to help our students become independent workers, creative thinkers, strong collaborators, effective communicators, and avid problem solvers. By attending to all aspects of our students` development, we celebrate the inherent value in their humanity, no matter what gifts and limitations they may have.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dunedin Grades: PK-12 | 181 students
1408 County Road 1
Dunedin, FL 34698
(727)733-9148 3.4 PK-12
We have had a great experience at Safety Harbor Montessori Academy. The teachers are nurturing and the front office staff is welcoming and helpful. They have a lovely environment for the children to participate in engaging activities inside and outside of the classroom. I especially appreciate the Transparent Classroom tool where they send progress info and almost daily photos of my child engaged in various works.
- Posted by Parent - Sarah B.
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.