Safety Harbor Montessori Academy
- Safety Harbor Montessori Academy is a learning community whose primary goal is to help students reach their full potential in all aspects of their development, in a loving, respectful atmosphere.
- We have programs for children, ages two through fourteen, providing continuity from early childhood to adolescence, and we are fortunate to enroll students of many religions and backgrounds from all over the world.
- With the Montessori curriculum as our foundation, we strive to emphasize the intrinsic rewards of learning.
- Our rich learning environment encourages curiosity, compassion, independence, creative thought, a strong work ethic, and respect for our global community.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies with age/grade level, $8,100-$14,700.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lori Mikulaschek|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Gymnastics, SoccerBallet, Basketball,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DunedinGrades: PK-12 | 178 students
1408 County Road 1
Dunedin, FL 34698
- ClearwaterGrades: K-12 | 150 students
222 S. Lincoln Ave
Clearwater, FL 33756
- ClearwaterGrades: PK-12 | 228 students
801 Drew Street
Clearwater, FL 33755
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.