Sage Hill School
- We inspire our students a love of knowledge and the ability to use that knowledge creatively, compassionately and courageously throughout their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||542 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||31 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Accelerated Alegbra II, Accelerated Biology, Accelerated Chemistry, Accelerated Chinese IV: Literature and Film, Accelerated English III, Accelerated French IV: Contemporary Society, Accelerated Latin IV: Vergil, Accelerated Precalculus, Accelerated Spanish III, Accelerated Trigonometry/Calc AB, Advanced Topics in Mathematics, AP American Government, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Economics, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Music Theory, AP Physics C, AP Physics I, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP United States History, AP World History, Multivariable Calculus|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$37,700|
|Tuition Notes||Estimated additional $1,600 - $3,000 for books, supplies and activities.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$34,416|
|Admissions Director||Elaine J. Mijalis-Kahn|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Ramadan|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathalon, Debate, Future Business Leaders of America, Junior Classical League (JCL), Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Publications, Sage Hill Robotics, Science Olympiad
Arts and Music Programs:
Sage Hill School`s commitment to academic excellence, outstanding college preparation, and a personal focus provides a transformative experience for our students. We inspire a love of learning in our students and the ability to use that knowledge creatively, compassionately, and courageously throughout their lives.
Situated on a beautiful thirty-acre, ocean-view campus in Newport Coast, California, Sage Hill School is Orange County`s premier non-profit, non-sectarian, independent college preparatory high school. Our small classes, rigorous academic program, and extensive educational opportunities beyond the traditional classroom engage our students` passions and teach them to be lifelong learners and innovative leaders.
- Our broad curriculum also includes more than 30 accelerated/AP courses in every discipline, advanced elective offerings and opportunities for independent research.
- Our average class size of 16 facilitates close relationships between students and our world-class faculty.
- Our 40:1 student-to-college-counselor ratio ensures that each student receives highly personalized guidance to find the best college fit.
- The 13,000 square foot Lisa Argyros and Family Science Center, opened in 2014, is designed to promote innovative teaching and learning in science.
- Our athletics program offers 21 interscholastic sports totaling 40 teams for students at all levels of competition. Facilities include Mondo turf field, baseball diamond, gymnasium and newly built tennis and aquatics centers.
- Our state-of-the-art Studio at Sage Hill allows students to hone their crafts within seven different arts disciplines and offers exceptional space for student and professional performances.
- Our nationally-recognized Service Learning Program is fully integrated within our curriculum and allows students to leverage their classroom experience to benefit the community beyond Sage Hill.
- Our unique, year-end Spring at Sage program allows students to pursue their passions in intensive seminars, independent projects or through global travel.
- School accreditations: CAIS, NAIS, WASC, CASE.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 583 students
2200 W Sequoia Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
- Santa AnaGrades: 9-12 | 2075 students
1202 W Edinger Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707
- San Juan CapistranoGrades: PK-12 | 1238 students
31641 La Novia
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- IrvineGrades: 9-12 | 787 students
12500 Sand Canyon Ave.
Irvine, CA 92618
- San Juan CapistranoGrades: 9-12 | 1122 students
26351 Junipero Serra Rd.
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675