School of the Holy Child
- School of the Holy Child in Rye, NY, is the only all-girls, Catholic, independent, college-preparatory school in Westchester County that provides and advanced, individulized education for grades 5-12.
- Because of our longstanding history of challenging young women to puirsue academic excellence and find joy in learning, Holy Child is widely recognized as being the best at educating and mentoring students to become women of conscience and action.
- We offer girls purposeful and transformative experiences through our innovative and unique programs in humanitites, global & religious studies, science & technology, engineering & architecture, arts & athletics, as well as personal and spiritual development through field-based and service learning opportunities.
- Every student is empowered to use knowledge, confidence, collaboration, vision and character to become her best self within the classroom and beyond.
- For more information, please call or email the Admission Office at 914-967-5622 x227 or firstname.lastname@example.org. www.holychildrye.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||310 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Students are required to wear a uniform )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9 / Jan. 13 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Middle School (grades 5-6): $25,000 Middle School (grades 7-8): $29,950 Upper School (grades 9-11): 32,450 Upper School (grade 12): $33,450|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
|Admissions Director||Jacqueline Ciaccia '06|
|Admissions Associate||Kristen Parrott Mulvoy '91|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||2D, Advanced, Advanced, Art, Cappella, Dance, Film, Foundations, Introduction, Madrigals, Music, Sculpture, Senior, String, Wind 2D, Advanced, Advanced, Art, Cappella, Dance, Film, Foundations, Introduction, Madrigals, Music, Sculpture, Senior, String, Wind,|
- The mission of School of the Holy Child is to develop "women of conscience and action." An all-girls, Catholic, independent, college-preparatory school for grades 5-12, the School is guided by the educational philosophy of Cornelia Connelly, the founder of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, and her dedication to "joy in teaching and joy in learning." Unlike most independent, public or private schools, our faculty and staff work collaboratively with students and families to ensure each student is known and valued, and her academic and indivdual goals are supported. Holy Child graduates are prepared for the innovative and critical thought necessary in a diverse, interconnected society.
- Holy Child`s 18-acre campus in Rye, New York, blends old and new-it features a striking Tudor mansion dating to 1930, as well as recently constructed academic facilities. Over the past several years, the School has completed several important facilities enhancements identified in the Campus Master Plan, including the completion of a new academic building; renovations to the art room, dining hall and St. Walburga's Chapel; and installation of a turf field. In 2013, the School announced a $6 million capital campaign to fund the construction of a new field house for athletics and the renovation of the School`s gymnasium into a theatre. The new athetic field house will be compete in Spring 2015 and the theatre construction will finish in Fall 2015.
- A commitment to "joy in teaching, joy in learning" lies at the heart of the Holy Child experience. School of the Holy Child offers a challenging, college-preparatory curriculum in the humanities, sciences and arts complemented by strong athletics, service and global programs. Challenged and engaged within the all-girls environment, students feel supported and empowered as they work collaboratively with both teachers and peers. The rigorous and comprehensive curriculum is designed to develop women of "conscience and action," while leading each student to discover her individual talents and interests. Service learning plays a prominent part in the curriculum and in extracurricular offerings. As a 1:1 laptop school, technology and computing skills are integral to the Holy Child educational program. With a 100% college acceptance rate, Holy Child graduates are well prepared for the innovative and critical work of American universities and society. Graduates matriculate at a broad range of colleges and universities, including the nation`s most selective institutions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New RochelleGrades: 6-12 | 778 students
1354 North Ave
New Rochelle, NY 10804
RyeGrades: PK-12 | 884 students
Rye, NY 10580
GreenwichGrades: NS-12 | 731 students
1177 King Street
Greenwich, CT 06831
TarrytownGrades: K-12 | 847 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
YonkersGrades: PK-12 | 63 students
170 Hudson Terrace
Yonkers, NY 10701
I love being a Holy Child alumna. My love for science started and grew because of my rigorous yet balanced Holy Child education by teachers who really cared. Plus, I cherish my lifetime of many close friendships. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat, especially because of the unique programs being offered such as E.E. Ford program for engineering, architecture and design.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Gryphon
My daughter has attended Holy Child since 5th grade. Since attending Holy Child, she has become an eager learner whose interests are encouraged. She has had amazing educational opportunities in the classroom and beyond, including trips that have sparked her intellectual curiosity. The faculty are very involved, really get to know the students, and understand how each girl best learns. She has become a fearless self-advocate because the environment is so supportive.
- Posted by Parent - Christin
Small school was able to modify my academic program to accomodate my learning style.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tisi2
The strong relationships formed with teachers, supportive and challenging academics and warm community were important elements for me as a student. They still continue to be highlights of a Holy Child education.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ciacc
Holy Child is a terrific school for my two daughters. We were drawn to the school initially because of the small class size where typical class size ranges from 10-15 girls. The students are encouraged to meet with their teachers outside of the classroom which prepares the students well for college. There is also a commitment to community service that is felt throughout the school. We are very happy that we chose Holy Child.
- Posted by Parent - willi
My daughter attended Holy Child from 5th through 12th grade and enjoyed every moment. She had amazing teachers throughout her years at the school and has found herself to be amply prepared for the Ivy League university she currently attends. The all girls environment was invaluable in pushing her to participate in things outside her comfort zone.
- Posted by Parent - laura
My daughter attended SHC from 6th grade through High School. She was more than prepared for her college experience at an Ivy League school both as a student and an athlete. SHC afforded her a challenging, thoughtful, insightful education, as well as an opportunity to excel in her sport.
- Posted by Parent - laser
My daughter is currently a senior at Holy Child and she has had an amazing experience. The teachers are terrific - challenging, interesting, motivated. The global programs offered are unbelievable. She has competed on several athletic teams that have made it to the NYSAIS Finals. She is more than prepared for what lies ahead in college. The money we spent to send her here was more than worth it.
- Posted by Parent - nadin