- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: 5-12
- Enrollment: 358 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 13 / Jan. 17 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Students are required to wear a uniform
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Advanced, Art, Cappella, Dance, Film, Foundations, Introduction, Madrigals, Music, Sculpture, Senior, String, Wind
- The mission of School of the Holy Child is to develop "women of conscience and action." An all-girls, Catholic, independent, college-preparatory school for grades 5-12, the School is guided by the educational philosophy of Cornelia Connelly, the founder of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, and her dedication to "joy in teaching and joy in learning." Unlike most independent, public or private schools, our faculty and staff work collaboratively with students and families to ensure each student is known and valued, and her academic and individual goals are supported. Holy Child graduates are prepared for the innovative and critical thought necessary in a diverse, interconnected society.
- Holy Child's 18-acre campus in Rye, New York, blends old and new-it features a striking Tudor mansion dating to 1930, as well as recently constructed academic facilities. Over the past several years, the School has completed several important facilities enhancements identified in the Campus Master Plan, including the completion of a new academic building; renovations to the art room, dining hall and St. Walburga's Chapel; and installation of a turf field.
- Completed in the summer of 2015, the 22,000 square-foot Field House allows Holy Child teams to compete fully, fosters greater student participation in various activities, and provides diversification of physical education classes. The Field House is home to the 11,000 square-foot Kelly Gymnasium, Giordano Fitness Center, Ciaccia Athletic Training Room, dance studio, locker rooms, and The Kennedy Common Room. The state-of-the-art Theatre was completed in January of 2016 and provides Holy Child students with a beautiful, new space that complements their exceptional talents.
- A commitment to "joy in teaching, joy in learning" lies at the heart of the Holy Child experience. School of the Holy Child offers a challenging, college-preparatory curriculum in the humanities, sciences, and arts complemented by strong athletics, service, and global programs. Challenged and engaged within the all-girls environment, students feel supported and empowered as they work collaboratively with both teachers and peers. The rigorous and comprehensive curriculum is designed to develop women of "conscience and action," while leading each student to discover her individual talents and interests. Service learning plays a prominent part in the curriculum and in extracurricular offerings. As a 1:1 laptop school, technology, and computing skills are integral to the Holy Child educational program. With a 100% college acceptance rate, Holy Child graduates are well prepared for the innovative and critical work of American universities and society. Graduates matriculate at a broad range of colleges and universities, including the nation`s most selective institutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does School of the Holy Child offer?
What is School of the Holy Child's ranking?
When is the application deadline for School of the Holy Child?
Endorse School of the Holy Child. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards