Seattle Girls' School
- Our Mission is to inspire and develop courageous leaders who think independently, work collaboratively, learn joyfully, and champion change.
- Our Passion is empowering each girl to live her potential.
- Our Beliefs: Empowering a girl changes the world. It is fundamental to understand and address issues of difference and oppression.
- An integrated, collaborative curriculum challenges and engages students. Middle school should be joyful, curiosity-filled, and safe and open to all voices.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,400|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Tremaine Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Snowboarding, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Snowboarding,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Affinity & Alliance Groups, Computer Science Club, Math Club, Rock Band, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Interest Groups, Test Prep, Yearbook Math Club, Rock Band, Test Prep, Yearbook, Affinity & Alliance Groups,|
Computer Science Club,
Student Interest Groups,
- Middle school is a critical time for development especially for girls. As girls reach early adolescence, their self-esteem and interest in certain subjects is likely to plummet as a result of being bombarded by conflicting messages about femininity and achievement. Seattle Girls` School combats the trend of girls losing confidence before competence, especially in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math, with a transformative experience for girls in grades 5-8. At SGS, girls are challenged to discover who they are and who they want to become. Our project-based curriculum, grounded in real-world experiences, offers endless opportunities for leadership, collaboration, and problem solving. We invite you to witness what countless visitors to our campus experience: poised, confident, and actively engaged students. Our alumnae, when reflecting on their educational experience as a whole, often attribute who they become and what they achieve to the transformative experiences they had at SGS their middle school!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SeattleGrades: 6-12 | 494 students
1415 Summit Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- SeattleGrades: 6-12 | 730 students
1201 E Union Street
Seattle, WA 98122
- RentonGrades: PK-8 | 498 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
- SeattleGrades: 6-8 | 108 students
810 18th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- SeattleGrades: NS-1 | 150 students
4730 32nd Ave South
Seattle, WA 98118
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.