Seattle Girls' School
- Our Mission is to inspire and develop courageous leaders who think independently, work collaboratively, learn joyfully, and champion change.
- Our Passion is empowering each girl to live her potential.
- Our Beliefs: Empowering a girl changes the world. It is fundamental to understand and address issues of difference and oppression.
- An integrated, collaborative curriculum challenges and engages students. Middle school should be joyful, curiosity-filled, and safe and open to all voices.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,400|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Tremaine Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Snowboarding, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Snowboarding,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Affinity & Alliance Groups, Computer Science Club, Math Club, Rock Band, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Interest Groups, Test Prep, Yearbook|
- Middle school is a critical time for development especially for girls. As girls reach early adolescence, their self-esteem and interest in certain subjects is likely to plummet as a result of being bombarded by conflicting messages about femininity and achievement. Seattle Girls` School combats the trend of girls losing confidence before competence, especially in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math, with a transformative experience for girls in grades 5-8. At SGS, girls are challenged to discover who they are and who they want to become. Our project-based curriculum, grounded in real-world experiences, offers endless opportunities for leadership, collaboration, and problem solving. We invite you to witness what countless visitors to our campus experience: poised, confident, and actively engaged students. Our alumnae, when reflecting on their educational experience as a whole, often attribute who they become and what they achieve to the transformative experiences they had at SGS their middle school!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Renton Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
(425)255-0059 9.2 PK-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.