Seattle Girls School
Tel: (206) 709-2228
- Our Mission is to inspire and develop courageous leaders who think independently, work collaboratively, learn joyfully, and champion change.
- Our Passion is empowering each girl to live her potential.
- Our Beliefs: Empowering a girl changes the world. It is fundamental to understand and address issues of difference and oppression.
- An integrated, collaborative curriculum challenges and engages students. Middle school should be joyful, curiosity-filled, and safe and open to all voices.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,400|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Tremaine Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Snowboarding, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Snowboarding,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Affinity & Alliance Groups, Computer Science Club, Math Club, Rock Band, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Interest Groups, Test Prep, Yearbook|
- Middle school is a critical time for development especially for girls. As girls reach early adolescence, their self-esteem and interest in certain subjects is likely to plummet as a result of being bombarded by conflicting messages about femininity and achievement. Seattle Girls` School combats the trend of girls losing confidence before competence, especially in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math, with a transformative experience for girls in grades 5-8. At SGS, girls are challenged to discover who they are and who they want to become. Our project-based curriculum, grounded in real-world experiences, offers endless opportunities for leadership, collaboration, and problem solving. We invite you to witness what countless visitors to our campus experience: poised, confident, and actively engaged students. Our alumnae, when reflecting on their educational experience as a whole, often attribute who they become and what they achieve to the transformative experiences they had at SGS their middle school!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Renton Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
(425) 255-0059 9.2 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?