Seattle Girls' School
- Our Mission is to inspire and develop courageous leaders who think independently, work collaboratively, learn joyfully, and champion change.
- Our Passion is empowering each girl to live her potential.
- Our Beliefs: Empowering a girl changes the world. It is fundamental to understand and address issues of difference and oppression.
- An integrated, collaborative curriculum challenges and engages students. Middle school should be joyful, curiosity-filled, and safe and open to all voices.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,400|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Tremaine Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Snowboarding, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Snowboarding,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Affinity & Alliance Groups, Computer Science Club, Math Club, Rock Band, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Interest Groups, Test Prep, Yearbook|
- Middle school is a critical time for development especially for girls. As girls reach early adolescence, their self-esteem and interest in certain subjects is likely to plummet as a result of being bombarded by conflicting messages about femininity and achievement. Seattle Girls` School combats the trend of girls losing confidence before competence, especially in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math, with a transformative experience for girls in grades 5-8. At SGS, girls are challenged to discover who they are and who they want to become. Our project-based curriculum, grounded in real-world experiences, offers endless opportunities for leadership, collaboration, and problem solving. We invite you to witness what countless visitors to our campus experience: poised, confident, and actively engaged students. Our alumnae, when reflecting on their educational experience as a whole, often attribute who they become and what they achieve to the transformative experiences they had at SGS their middle school!
- People that viewed Seattle Girls' School also viewed these schools: Lake Washington Girls Middle School, The Northwest School, Seattle Academy, St. Anthony Elementary School and Amazing Grace Christian School: A Microsoft Showcase School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Renton Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
(425)255-0059 9.2 PK-8
- Seattle Grades: PK-2 | 101 students
10056 Renton Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98178
(206)723-5526 6.3 PK-2
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.